Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to get opinions on some SBF starters. Were running a 418 with a stock starter and its time to upgrade. Motors pretty decent its ran 9.7's at around 2900-3000 lbs. Not sure if it matters but running a glide with a ultrabell.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Powermaster......Nuff said

·
God's servant Romans 13:4
6,798 Posts
Meziere is by far the best starter on the market.

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
94 model starter from ford,I think they call it a mini. 13.5/1 comp 440 ci. IMO your wasting money on the Big name starters. The Ford has lasted longer than the Tilton I had. I run glide and JW bell. May have to clearance pan side of starter, but wont hurt anything.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
94 model starter from ford,I think they call it a mini. 13.5/1 comp 440 ci. IMO your wasting money on the Big name starters. The Ford has lasted longer than the Tilton I had. I run glide and JW bell. May have to clearance pan side of starter, but wont hurt anything.
I second this! Been running Ford starter for years. Parts store new one!

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I used to run a newer style stock starter till my previous motor started to eat them for lunch. I switched to the big Ford Racing starter and havent had a bit of problems since.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
another 1 for the oem Ford mini's, we get them from AAP and have used them for years and have a lifetime warranty IF one were to fail, can't beat that

·
Registered
529 Posts
Factory mini starter for me as well 439 inch motor with 14.25/1 comp. never skiped a beat so far!

·
Registered
17,027 Posts
Ford mini from Discount Auto - lifetime warrantee. Haven't had to use the warrantee yet.

I'll bet 90% of guys with starter problems don't have good electrical power cables and grounds.

·
Registered
385 Posts
X10000 Same here glide and JW bell, Works great but im only 8.6 :1 comp :rolleyes:

·
Registered
987 Posts
Ford Mini starter, used for 5 years now 14-1 438 sbf, ultra bell. Never had any issue. went through three other aftermarket performance starters.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts