Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
You looking for a custom set or something from summit. You can get ahold of Craig (Race Engine Systems) at RES at 1-805-878-8211. He has a nice CNC program for the highports. He did a set for me and they have a very small MCSA and flow around 360 on the intake at .800 lift. Heads can be made to fit your application.

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
Total Engine Airflow period. The list of who's who in Nmra run thier heads. Thier highport will go 380 with a 245cc port.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
foxlake

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
best advice i can give you is dont pay attention to flow numbers... most are full of shit and just jack them up to make a sale... and the importance on flow numbers for making power is overrated.... go with a company that has a proven winning record with the head you are wanting to run.

·
Dr. Greenthumb
2,659 Posts
IMO, you cant go wrong with either Fox lake or TEA. Both do awesome work. No experience with others mentioned. Alot of places list what their flow charts online. So you can get an idea of what your getting.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Be careful with foxlake, had issues with them 5 years ago and they wouldn't do anything to help me out. I had to pay Indy $800 to weld and fix their junk.
Let me explain. There was a small hole in one of the intake runners after we made a couple passes, come to find out the port work
was within 0.050 of breaking through to the water on one of the heads, all ports. They claimed to me on the phone that it was Edelbrocks problem for not making consitant castings with accurate water location. I called Edelbrock and they couldn't talk to me about it because they couldn't stop laughing at what foxlake told me. Call foxlake back a couple times after that only to be put on hold once and wouldn't pick it back up and the next day told they have nothing to offer me and hung up on me. I learned my lesson not to buy products at far distances from me.

·
Registered
10,371 Posts
there is a few thinks you need to look at bufore getting your heads done
never think bigger is better , more flow doesn't all way's mean you willl run faster
figure out what you want and what your needs are and how muck $ you are willing to put into porting
you will see crazy numbers lihe 400cfm and 470cfm
but look at what lift that's at , are you going to have a cam over 700 lift or even 1.100
if your giong to have a cam set up of say 650 then choose a guy that will saport the head work for your set up

i can also tell you every shop or guy mentioned about are killer head guy , cnc or just the good old fashion way

call and speek to as many guy's you want and ask lot's of queation , and besure what you set up will be

just my 2 $

·
My Own Worst Enemy
3,411 Posts

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
The Victor Sr. heads from foxlake made 717hp on my 347, some great dyno hp, but didn't last long .

·
Ronald Reagans Ultra Ego.
7,452 Posts
Modern in Detoit

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Hard to go wrong with Kuntz & Co. Our N20 434 made 880hp and it's 2 years old. Jim has a new program for the heads and a new manifold which he thinks would've made about 910 or 915 on our same engine.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts