Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys

Just wanted to know everybodies thoughts on which head they think is best on a 9.5 deck windsor , 13:1 , shhetmetal manifold with twin carbs , 440 cubes and will get approx a 200 shot on it . I have a set of d3's at the moment but a lot of people told me that they arent too nitrous friendly and am looking at changing them .

I would also like to know what flow figures ppl are achieveing from different heads and what size valves . cheers

·
Registered
4,798 Posts
D3 can be a bad ass head in the right hands, ..

it does take some work to make them NOS friendly.
With a 200 shot I wouldn't think it would be too difficult to make it work.

Who built the D3's ??

Curtis

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they are ex nascar... small port and has an 8mm valve .. 2.180 and 1.625 valves only flowing [email protected] and [email protected] lift.. i am chasing 950+hp and didnt want to spend any more dollars on these .. id rather sell these and get a new set to work with . the nitrous shot will probably be bumped up to 300-350 later on

·
Registered
68 Posts
Most of the NASCAR D3 ran a 7 mm titanium valve I have several sets
With a 2.150 and They go 390 cfm at 900 lift
Sure there not C3,they used to flow with a 2.180 around 360 cfm mark
From what I've seen
By small port the D3 heads I have are @ 3.2 sq" still enough to make power
I've seen well developed D3 we'll into the 440 cfm mark with a lot bigger valve and CSA
All depending what RPM and HP you want to achieve
RFD have plenty of experience in N2O set up give them a call

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Blue thunder 3.6
I have done a few sets of those. 400 intake and 300 exhaust is not a problem at all. For a nitrous engine, the large exhaust valve is like an insurance policy...it should get the heat out better than opening the exhaust valve extremely early.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Definitely a set of d3s . How much cfm would be impacted by having 45 deg cut on the valve as opposed to 55 deg?

·
Registered
20,108 Posts
SC1 from eddy with no side cant...they will move enough air and you don't have to have Cant with NOS....plus its a stronger casting than the ford stuff

1 - 9 of 9 Posts