Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Beer makes me pee
9,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am to the point on a luv truck build that I need to get a cage. Who make the best 12 point kit? I am talking mild steel. I have looked at Art Morrison, S&W, Chassisworks, and even Jegs. Jegs is the cheapest but I really want a good fit that I dont have to spend all my time modifying.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
S&W would be my choice. But everyone is going to tell you to go with C/M and have it done by a pro. Myself, I will be using M/S also from S&W on my Monte. I used their ladder bar back half kit and it is a nice product.

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
S&W, I've been using their stuff for years, great value.

·
Back to the front!
5,449 Posts
I used an S&W mild steel kit in my mopar, was pretty decent fitment for the price. All said and done though I sometimes wish I saved some coin and got a chromoly one put in to save some weight

·
Beer makes me pee
9,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well looks like S&W is the choice. I just need mild steel as its just a little Luv truck. Also I dont have a tig. :)

Thanks

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
I have the jegs in my s10. It fit good had to trim and notch the ends. I consider myself a decent fabricator and welder and for the amount of time it took me I will propably let somebody do the next one

·
Beer makes me pee
9,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Actually this is the first race car I have completely built by myself. I have always had chassis shops do all the work. Funny I am finding that it is not that hard and I am not getting ulcers worrying that it is taking to long and costing to much. Plus it is getting done right since I care about what I am doing. Damn it I should have done this a long time ago. Lol

·
Beer makes me pee
9,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This is when I brought it home.

This is how it looks so far.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts