Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys heading to Memphis next weekend wheres the best place to get some good Memphis dry rub ribs? Thanks

·
Registered
575 Posts
I like rendezvous, and whoever mentioned gus's chicken knows what they are talking about! Best fried chicken ever

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Germantown Commissary SUCKS - wasted a valuable lunch passing through time there, this summer. Next time I now know better.

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
I dont remember the name but I posted it in a thread not too long ago on here. It was on Diners Drives and Dives at one time, you could probably go on their site and find it quicker than searching here. Toms maybe?

·
The Phantom Machinist
1,916 Posts
Skip on over to Nashville and go to Jack's BBQ on Broadway. It's worth the trip.

·
Registered
111 Posts
We planned our last vacation around two things. One was the Memphis Zoo and Two was to try the BBQ. I personally LOVED the Pig on Beale. The food was amazing and let's face it, you will already be on Beale street at some point so it is convenient.

·
Senor Frog
8,949 Posts
Oddly enough this has been covered several times on YB...Search

Cant go wrong with most rib joints down here , I do favor Corkys

but if the place you land on is busy and filled w folks its usually good

·
Former RJ instigator
42,523 Posts
If you want a long wait ( because the idiots in line don't know any better ), shitty service, dry chewy ribs that are three prices, then go to one of our biggest tourist traps in town, Charlie Varga's Rendezvous.

BUT,

If you want a long wait ( because the people in line know they have good BBQ ) good service and great food that's reasonably priced, then go to Corky's.

You're welcome. ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts