Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hopeing that someone can tell me from experience which is better a blower or turbo? Looking to make 900 rear wheel with small block ford 347, c4 tranny.

Also can you do it with a 10.7 comp. ratio.

Any help?
Thanks

·
Registered
15,065 Posts
But with 10.7 comp? I would put a single 76MM turbo on it and call it a day.......A DAY IN BIG POWER...WHOOHOOO!!!

·
Registered
10,175 Posts
first off i don't know if i'd push a C4 to 900 horsepower but that's my humble opinion... if this is a street car with 10.7 you could do a turbo with methanol injection when you go racing and you want to turn up the boost... all three power adders are more than capable of what you're wanting to do...

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
first off i don't know if i'd push a C4 to 900 horsepower but that's my humble opinion... if this is a street car with 10.7 you could do a turbo with methanol injection when you go racing and you want to turn up the boost... all three power adders are more than capable of what you're wanting to do...
I was a little worried about the compression ratio. Do you think meth alone with the turbo will be enough to cool the intake temp?
The car will be used for St. and strip.

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
10,175 Posts
I was a little worried about the compression ratio. Do you think meth alone with the turbo will be enough to cool the intake temp?
The car will be used for St. and strip.

Thanks for your help!
well, with 10.7 i wouldn't recommend driving around on the street with 93 octane with the boost up cause that's asking for detonation at one point or another... now, if you just turn the boost up at the track than yea i think the methanol will be more than enough to cool the temperature...

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well, with 10.7 i wouldn't recommend driving around on the street with 93 octane with the boost up cause that's asking for detonation at one point or another... now, if you just turn the boost up at the track than yea i think the methanol will be more than enough to cool the temperature...
I plan on running c-16 and tune with dfi. I don't want to spend money on a fancy intercooler and buy stock in ice machines.

I like the meth idea,but I was told it very corrosive.
Thanks

·
Registered
10,175 Posts
I plan on running c-16 and tune with dfi. I don't want to spend money on a fancy intercooler and buy stock in ice machines.

I like the meth idea,but I was told it very corrosive.
Thanks
you plan on running c16 on the street as well??? the dfi can be very very helpful when it comes to tuning these types of engines... air to air intercooler is another option also

1 - 10 of 10 Posts