Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need an e4od for a 1996 powerstroke and was wondering who builds a nice reliable trans for a stock truck that does some plowing. Where i live there is not one good trans shop that can build these things and we are tired of replacing them, the stock ones last a very long time but the rebuilds always suck.

I would like to find a decent warranty with it and i am looking towards just getting it from the ford dealer as it has a good warranty and the price isn't all that bad.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No that is what i was wanting to try next unless there is a better option. I can get a trans from ford with that warranty but you must also buy the converter from them for a total of $2400.00

·
Registered
887 Posts
Be sure you put a big tranny cooler on it, the factory radiator cooler can get plugged up and is inadequate to begin with. I'd bypass it and with a little work the monster cooler used on the 03 and up 6.0 superduty trucks will fit behind the grill. You'll never have cooling issues again.

·
Registered
217 Posts
They will not warranty the transmission unless the OEM cooler is replaced and the cooler lines are flushed and dry. The paperwork we got says. you must have proof that a new OEM cooler is installed in ordered for the warranty to be valid. Burt

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Jasper does agood job on them.Comes with a new cooler and several upgrades.3 year 75000 mile warranty.We run a fleet of transit busses and found that switching to synthetic fluid and changing fluid and filters at 100,000 miles doubled tranny life and cut maint.costs over the life of the vehicle.Stock changing fluid and filter at 20,000 they would last about 70,000 miles.Switching to synthetic when they arrived they were going usually over 200,000 miles before needing replaced.

·
Registered
189 Posts
they are nice units to build i update them with the steel planets and a sonnax surecure shift kit they work really well,not sure if the ford reman will have steel planets.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts