Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 8.2 deck engine in my 1993 Cobra. It has an electric water pump, alt on pass side head, and vacuum pump on the drivers side. I would love to buy a hot side that will allow me to keep them where they are at. I want to run a T4 based S480. Who makes the best hot side that may allow me to keep my alt and vacuum pump where they are at? Please post pictures if you have any. The current hot side I have is an cheap On3 copy and the pass side header runs right into the back of the alternator... I can text pics of the front of my engine if someone can post them up for me.

·
Registered
16,387 Posts
Most hot sides are built to the combo............aside from the "internet fab companies" who sell you generic (China quality) piping to fit one combo only. SW makes a mustang header hot side combo, but again, built for one combo. If that combo is yours, you're golden. Realistically, I don't think you find one that ticks off all your requirements, right outa the box.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Agree, the only way get what really fits your combo is to fab yourself, or pay someone else to.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks, being very limited fin the fabrication department, maybe I should ask who makes the best quality off the shelf hot side? What I am hoping I can do is buy most of it and maybe just have to modify it to clear my accessories. I have looked at the pony down kits and they have several, one of those looks like it may fit with minor work. Are they good quality?

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
B&G comes to mind, I don't know if they are still in business tho.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I cannot seem to find a website for them...

·
Registered
386 Posts
B&G comes to mind, I don't know if they are still in business tho.
I cannot seem to find a website for them...
Been tryong to find a good TT setup for my foxbody as well and B&G's website is down and their number is disconnected.. I did get a hold of them via FB last week, but have no idea of the quality of the kits they build or what kits they offer.. They went silent after 1 email so take that for what it's worth.. On3 and CXRacing seem to be complete junk.. PonyDown seems to be a good choice and has a nicely engineered kit but only builds mild steel headers.. Not sure if that should be a deal killer though..

For our cars, custom tubing might be the only way to go for quality SS headers and a cold/hot side that will match up..

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have been trying to find some pictures of their kits installed...

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
Have you looked at Ponydown? I think you'll have the best luck finding them on facebook. They put together a nice hotside.

·
Registered
5,786 Posts
I bought a set of SS Flowtec headers for my Fox LS swap instead of fabing a set from scratch. The quality is off the chart for the price. They have the flow cones in the collectors, v-bands with matching flanges, all tig welded, etc. They will work up or down and forward.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I bought a set of SS Flowtec headers for my Fox LS swap instead of fabing a set from scratch. The quality is off the chart for the price. They have the flow cones in the collectors, v-bands with matching flanges, all tig welded, etc. They will work up or down and forward.
I was looking at these to replace my CG mild steel headers. My question is I have tea 225 high ports on a SBF and im currently using the diagonal bolt pattern. The Flowtec have the straight across pattern do you see any issues with restriction arising thanks.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I had the [email protected] set up with t4 bws480 great well built kit
Ran it for 7 years sold it guy has been running if for 3 years now still
Holding up very well.
Just make sure what ever kit you get has thick flanges based on my experience.
The thin flanges seem to warp and start having sealing issues especially on street car
That’s driven a lot with a lot of heat cycles.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I used one modified alt placement when had s480 on mine

1 - 20 of 23 Posts