Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Beer makes me pee
9,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My monte carlo is starting to get a little worn so Im thinking of stepping up. So what would be the best deal overall on a modern muscle car? Im thinking of a 2-3 year old car with less than 50k miles. Has to have potential for future upgrades, turbo, procharger etc.
Camaro? Mustang? Charger? Cadilac csv? Whatever I get I will drive the tires off of it so it needs to be reliable.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I'm a ford guy so I am partial to the Mustang but any of those you listed would be great cars. All have a huge aftermarket performance following so I don't think you could go wrong with any of them.

·
Beer makes me pee
9,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Csv might be a good choice. Ls engine, 6 speed...

·
Senor Frog
8,949 Posts
My monte carlo is starting to get a little worn so Im thinking of stepping up. So what would be the best deal overall on a modern muscle car? Im thinking of a 2-3 year old car with less than 50k miles. Has to have potential for future upgrades, turbo, procharger etc.
Camaro? Mustang? Charger? Cadilac csv? Whatever I get I will drive the tires off of it so it needs to be reliable.
Worn ?

·
AVAST
1,350 Posts
I'm a ford guy and if it were me I'd have the mustang as my toy. If I were dd it I would get something with the ls. I just feel the ls is more reliability proven. But I'd enjoy the mustang more. I might have a sour taste because my last 07 gt was making valve train noise at 100k

·
Banned
119,191 Posts
Get a Coyote Mustang you wont be disappointed .

·
Registered
13,634 Posts
Any of them except the Charger.

Right now you can get 07-09 GT500's for under 30K. With a blower upgrade, tune and headers you are looking at 700rwhp. Tough combo to beat.

·
AVAST
1,350 Posts
It's a chrysler

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
Easiest answer ever, there's only two possibilities.
1. The Cobra Jet
2. GT 500

:p

·
Registered
21,079 Posts
5.0 cheap

CTS-V if you want quick and relative luxury... a nice example could be had in the 30's

·
Titanium Member
11,398 Posts
Camaro.
Fast.Cheaper.Cheaper to make go faster.

·
Registered
21,079 Posts
Csv might be a good choice. Ls engine, 6 speed...
Buy an auto and leave the 6 speed for the kids that want to feel like men.

A bud of mine with a bolt on+ Tune new 5.0 6 speed gave me the backtire to the 1/8th in my 15 Tahoe... he couldn't get back! I gapped him! I did it simply to prove a point!

1 - 20 of 83 Posts