Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who's is the best, looking for lightweight but don't want to fall from the sky either.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Always heard you cant go wrong with an Ol' Man. Never used one myself though. I have an API Grandslam Bowhunter, it is a bit heavy for a long walk.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I would have to agree with smokems. I have never used one before but have been told that Ol Man is the way to go. They have a couple stands that are around 20 pounds. But, they are a little exspensive.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have an API, when I got to the tree about 1/4 mile away I was too tired to climb it. Tonight I walked about 1/2 mile or so to get to a ladder stand, would like to make that trip with a climber.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Those three Summit stands look very similar, what is the difference? I see the viper is the lightest though.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
API Bowhunter here too....walked way back in the woods more than once.....not all that bad with the right backpack straps.

But I do a lot of walking for my job.... so I'm not in too bad a shape :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
No votes for the Lone Wolf Sit-N-Climb yet? Best climber on the market IMHO! Super quite, weights under 15 pounds, and had a Cast Aluminum platform, so it makes NO NOISE even in super cold weather!

·
Registered
365 Posts
No votes for the Lone Wolf Sit-N-Climb yet? Best climber on the market IMHO! Super quite, weights under 15 pounds, and had a Cast Aluminum platform, so it makes NO NOISE even in super cold weather!
I have to agree with u on a Lone Wolf my buddy has one and he walks circles around me with out my climber. Ive got a Summit Viper and Ive probably logged more sleeping hours then real hunting cause its so damn comfortable (like a lazy boy in the tree) but i don't use it anymore because it absolutely SUCKS to pack in. Great if u bring it in with a quad but walking....No Good

·
Registered
306 Posts
Love my ol man! Had it for several years... Most comfortable I've ever been in and IM a big guy at 6'3" 295lbs.... I've never got tired packing it in to the stand, even in the rough mountains of wv

·
Registered
543 Posts
Summit blade SD here also. Light comfortable and quiet, I am very happy with it. It's almost too comfortable It's way too easy to fall asleep.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have to agree with u on a Lone Wolf my buddy has one and he walks circles around me with out my climber. Ive got a Summit Viper and Ive probably logged more sleeping hours then real hunting cause its so damn comfortable (like a lazy boy in the tree) but i don't use it anymore because it absolutely SUCKS to pack in. Great if u bring it in with a quad but walking....No Good
I have been looking for a Viper. Trying to find some used ones online...not very easy!

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
I have an API Grand Slam and like it a lot. My buddy has an API Shooting Star, and its more comfortable than mine but takes a college degree to get set up when your half asleep in the mornings!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts