Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having a 555ci. BBC built, and plan on using an f3r with dart 360's. My question is which intake would work best on this combo? I was thinking about a dart, but am planning on going EFI. so would the Super Victor EFI be a better choice? Or would it be benificial to go with a Wilsons, Hogans, or Becks? Any information from the guys out there doin it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Ron G.

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
Class limitations, goals?

The best intake is going to be more along the lines of a Tunnel Ram, advantages include larger plenum volume and more equal runner lengths with a straight shot into the intake ports.

A tunnel ram intake with a bolt on top is ideal as it will make it easier to build a plenum top to accept a larger TB facing which ever direction you prefer. You may hve to have it converted to EFI use.

Of course the down-side of this whole thing is hood height, you'll need lots of it. If you are trying to stay under a stock hood that is going to have a much larger impact on intake selection than performance.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
I have a Dart block and heads so figured a Dart intake would be best. They all seem much of a muchness but my reasoning was that the dart intake was probably developed with dart heads in mind.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
"Best"? I would look at a custom CFE, Wilson or Hogan sheet metals in that order. Probably in the $2400-$2600 range, but you did say "best".

Thank you for serving..........blessings.......Ron...USMC 1961-1966.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the info guys, I am not to worried about hood clearance. Gonna have a custom 5-6" cowl made. Those intakes are kinda pricey, but if they make the difference they are probably worth the cash. I was thinking along the same line about the Dart intakes having the R&D done with those heads. Of course my choice of intakes has to go thru the finance dept. (wife)....lol.....but she is being rather easy on me since I am over here.

And Ron......Semper Fi Brother.....USMC 1993-1999....HMLA-367 "Scarface" & MALS-39 "Magicians"......I have done my time down at the "Pen" (Pendleton) too. And thank you for serving sir.

·
Custom Engine Shop
3,812 Posts
We use alot of Dart with good luck!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts