Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's a race coming up at my local track and drag radials arent alowed. I've never had to know what kind of street tire works good. Any ideas???
My car will hold 325/50's and 28/10.5's

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Damn does anybody read content around here? Lol. Slicks and drag radials are not aloud. Must have plain stock type tires, full interior, tags and insurrance.
I'm kinda thinking I may have a chance if I turn the boost up and roll into a 140-150 mph pass

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Don't know if it will work for you but I ran some McCreary Dirt track tires that are DOT and fully treaded. They truely look like a street tire. Had them on a Buick GN with a 150 horse fogger on it and hooked great.

·
A bad example for others
35,766 Posts
Don't know if it will work for you but I ran some McCreary Dirt track tires that are DOT and fully treaded. They truely look like a street tire. Had them on a Buick GN with a 150 horse fogger on it and hooked great.
Ran both them and the Pep Boy's Futura's listed above behind a big torque bigblock.

The American Racer (McCreary Dirt track tire) worked much better than the Futura's.

The best thing is if you have a local dirt track near by the racers usually sell them for $20 or less with 1/2 to 3/4 tread!

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Yea I had thought about some g60's or other dirt track tire, but I don't think I could get away with it. The track is going to give the official announcement next week maybe there will be some more concrete rules. At this point I don't know if it's going to be 1/8 or 1/4 mile. But it's for a Wally, so that would be pretty cool.
I do have concerns about awd cars though, I know there's a few Nissan gtrs around here pretty deep in the tens on street tires.

·
Registered
119 Posts
mickey thompson s/r street radials stock as they come. my brother ran a set of the 255/60/15 and went 9.17 @ 164mph and ron shaw went 8.99 on the same tire. and that is a true street tire not a drag radial

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.