Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My question is can i run a sb2.2 head or even a lil chief on a standard deck sbc the block is a dart lil m. I am looking to run a head that will be able to use with pump gas. Trying to make 800 hp on pumpgas with a 434. I was also looking at 15 and 18 degree head from rfd, they look killer also. What are you guys thoughts.

·
Super Moderator
35,270 Posts
Well, the deck height has nothing to do with the head... certainly a Little M could use any of the above heads depending on whether the selected head will accept a conventional lifter layout or not.

For a n/a engine, cam height should be the priority... and a tall deck isn't always the best route even for a 4" stroke. More than 4" would require a tall deck IMHO.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What type of pistons do these heads require. Is there any head i can use on a 23 degree piston thats not 23 degree. According to allpro they say that there raised runner 23 need special pistons. I cant even use my je 23 with them.

·
Registered
372 Posts
well the dart little chiefs are a 11* head. im not sure what sb2s are. i cant remember off the top of my head.. i think they have an 11* as well. so aftermarket pistons a must

434nova - buy some ((( Diamond Pistons ))) :)

·
Registered
868 Posts
i have 23degree pistons from diamond and my all pros fit with no problem well except valve pocket depth had to be cut a little deeper to fit my 800 lift cam or and the little chief heads require a special block with diffrent lifter layout

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well right now i have je flat tops with 2 valve relifs And i am running afr 235 which have a 2.12 intake valve and 1.60 exhaust i have no problems on a 678 lift cam. What does the allpro heads flow and cost. Thanks

·
Registered
868 Posts
found mine used they have a 290 cc intake runner and 2.18, 1.625 valves called bob at all pro and he said that head and runner flows around 375 @ 800 but i havent had them flowed myself

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Yes, but in the end its still a 23 degree head. The cost is not worth it in my opinion.
If I don't have to change pistons it might be worth it.
I was looking at RFD 18* flow was 394cfm but I would have to change pistons.
So a 23* head that flows what an 18*, I would think would be worth it.

What intake is needed for a RR 23* head?

·
Registered
463 Posts
Nope, Not worth it. You will either have to change pistons, or have yours cut for the 60/40 valve spacing. You will have to buy shaft rockers and make all the same changes that you would make if you were using 15º heads. All Pro's are great heads, but are very expensive. You could buy a set of RFD's Monster 15º cheaper than the All Pro 245's new.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts