Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I normally run nitrous on VP No2 but will be running a few races that I can probably be competitve running on motor only. It's a 632BBC 14.5:1 w/12 degree profilers. Would C-16 be a better choice for running NA?

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
You could get away with C12 and yank some timing but if it were me, the extra cost for some C16 is alot cheaper than a motor. I'm a firm believer in good gas, just my .02.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Q-16 all the way!!! add jet & get it 2 degrees timing. It will also stay more consistent with air changes. 10% Oxygenated.
it's the best hands down....

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Neg ghost riders, no C16 for all motor with that kind of compression. C16 will slow you down. Throw in C14 if you want to make things easy. I guess you could go with C12 if you wanted to give it a try. But if you need just a little more being N/A you could go the Q16 route as well.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Chad, C16 would slow me down? Really? I've actually ran pretty good on No2 naturally aspirated but figured it would be a waiste of fuel if not spraying it and that C16 would be more inexpensive. I've never even considered C14 let alone C12 and not sure about going thru the tuning curve with Q16. I'm really surprised C16 wouldn't be the best choice for NA but that's why I asked. Thanks all for the advice.
Jeff Jablon

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Jeff, C16 burns so slow and with a high SG it will slow your down NA for sure. And with the N02 running pretty good, that might be because of the .699 specific gravity. But C14 would be a great choice for you N/A another fuel with a low SG (at .696) and is basically made for engines big compression engines that rev over 8k rpms! Im confident Jeff that if you went back to back with C16 in, and then C14 your times would be faster with the C14.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Neg ghost riders, no C16 for all motor with that kind of compression. C16 will slow you down. Throw in C14 if you want to make things easy. I guess you could go with C12 if you wanted to give it a try. But if you need just a little more being N/A you could go the Q16 route as well.

Well said x2. C16 is a nitrous only blend and the car will slow down using it n/a. Go with c14, it is designed more for n/a applications and your engine is within the parameters. I have seen almost a half second lost when switching from c14 to c16 by accident as the customer didn't realize, leaving me scratching my head as to why the prior run went 8.80 and the next went 9.35...:confused: Until I happened to see the fuel can in the trailer that said c16..lol. Hope this helps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts