Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a good front strut for my foxbody. I have lakewoods 90/10 with upr coilovers kit.

·
Registered
941 Posts
The double adj will run you @ $490 each just ordered mine last week. thats with out the springs. add another $110 for 14x150 hypercoil springs

·
Tellin' it like it is
9,800 Posts
How fast is the car? The doubles are overkill if its slower than low 9s. The single adjustable Strange struts are excellent on a fast street car.

·
Registered
10,234 Posts
SANTHUFF!

·
Tellin' it like it is
9,800 Posts
Santhuff struts are great, but the notion of a $1300 pair of struts is a bit of a turnoff to most.

Besides, we've been 5 teens in the 1/8 with $119 Strange single adjustables, so I'd say they aren't a requirement.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I have to tie my front end down almost all the way, so somebody please convince me to spend that kind of coin on a set of struts!!!! BTW I run strange single adjustable.

·
Registered
10,234 Posts
I have to tie my front end down almost all the way, so somebody please convince me to spend that kind of coin on a set of struts!!!! BTW I run strange single adjustable.
Santhuffs tighten down wont need the limiters, but sounds like time to get you some dbl adjustable rear shocks to tighten the extension a bit

·
Registered
626 Posts
will that "slow" the bite down a little?

·
Registered
10,234 Posts
will that "slow" the bite down a little?
on launch the rear tries to seperate from the frame, the tighter the rebound (also called extension) it absorbs some of the hit/softens the hit on the tire so to speak. more than you can imagine with good rear shocks

·
Registered
727 Posts
Strange single adjustable's are just fine. I know a lot of cars that have dipped in the 7's with them on a 28x10.5..

·
Registered
626 Posts
on launch the rear tries to seperate from the frame, the tighter the rebound (also called extension) it absorbs some of the hit/softens the hit on the tire so to speak. more than you can imagine with good rear shocks
I run single adj strange on the rear also. I have more of a wheelstanding issue than a traction issue. will the adjustability of the dbl adj rear shock allow me to control the bite by adjusting the rebound on the shock? thus, getting the wheelies a little more managable.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts