Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I have a 2006 Suzuki GSXR1000 that I want to put a new exhaust on. It is basically stock, with the only change so far being a K&N air filter. What exhaust would you guys recommend putting on? What system will make the biggest HP gains?

Thanks
John

·
Read Only
5,341 Posts
If you go with a slipon, you dont need to do anything else. if you go with a full system then you will need a power commander and a full dyno map for it. I went with a Yosh slipon, then a Yosh full system. i didnt want to deal with all the noise and hassle from the cops with a loud pipe.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Brock's alienhead or titanium.
I've seen a bunch of guys with those at the dragstrip. Would it be best to go with the full system or a slip on with a stock bike?

Thanks
John

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you go with a slipon, you dont need to do anything else. if you go with a full system then you will need a power commander and a full dyno map for it. I went with a Yosh slipon, then a Yosh full system. i didnt want to deal with all the noise and hassle from the cops with a loud pipe.
Did you have the slip on and full system on the same bike? What bike did you have them on? Was there noticeable differences in power and sound between the slip on and full system. Did the stainless Yosh headers weigh more or less than the factory one?

Thanks
John

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
m4 exhaust FTW!!
I was looking at they're GP system. I listened to a bike on you tube and it did sound pretty bad ass! Have you used their exhausts? Should I get a slip on or the full system?

Thanks
John

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Arata makes a great system, there fit and finish is second to no one. TyForce would be my power choice if you can get one. M4 is a great system also, and so is the Brock's.

·
cynic/realist
15,961 Posts
Other than weight reduction, I don't see the power per $$ advantage over stock exhaust. For racing, yeah.....gimme power. For street-bike.....eh.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Akropovic full system, talk to me about mapping the ECU, then you have no need for a PC. I sell a cable to flash the OEM ECU to allow you to control fuel and ignition (amongst other things). Much more comprehensive than a piggy back, and a TON cheaper with much less wiring to do.

·
Read Only
5,341 Posts
My Yosh TRC-D slip on with BMC race filter and Dyno map resulted in 164 Hp and 74 tq. Very street-able.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Figure out what exactly you wanna do with the bike. If you wanna drag it, brocks imo cant be beat. Street riding after that is all in you're taste. I had a tiforce and loved it before goin to a brocks.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts