Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently run a 28x10.5 stiff wall slick and need new tires.i was looking at drag radials and wanting some opinions on a good drag radial.I will give a brief description of car.Its a 69 Chevelle that weighs 3700 with me in it.I stock style 454 with turbos.It only has a cam and single plane intake.Turbo 400 with brake and ford 9inch 3.55 gear.It has moroso trick front and rear springs,bmr anti roll bar with 90/10s.Im wanting to go drag radial but looking for recommendation from someone who uses them and might have a car slightly like mine..Any info is appreciated..thank you

·
Registered
13,889 Posts
I've had success with M&H Dragmaster 345/40/18s on mine, street use only, that or a MT 345/35/18 ET STREET® S/S

·
Registered
16,368 Posts
its for street tire racing in a class at the track.Dont have to stay with the 28 but is the closest size to my current 28x10.5s
If possible I would consider a 30" tall tire. Better traction because of the taller sidewall and more contact patch.

I understand if that's too tall for the wheel opening.

Otherwise the 275 Pro is a DOT tire and 28" tall.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I have had the MT Pro Bracket Radial recommended to me.
I have not been to the track with them yet.
They are supposed to be better on marginal tracks, than the MT ET Street Radial Pro.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I have had the MT Pro Bracket Radial recommended to me.
I have not been to the track with them yet.
They are supposed to be better on marginal tracks, than the MT ET Street Radial Pro.
Have you ran the PBRs yet? We are thinking about trying a set.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Are you limited to 28" tall or is it a preference? We were thinking about going to 29.5 x 10.5 PBR's. We have recently went to a Dana 4 link and AFCO shocks. We were currently running 29.5 x 10.5 W and when it hooked we would have a 1.25 - 1.27 60', but it was very hit and miss. It would go on the back bumper or blow the tires off. I am hoping the suspension upgrades will cure this. I bought programs, but still not sure of the 4 link setting. Do you have any suggestions for this 67 300 that we are running? BBC, NA 4:30 gear, 1.8 glide.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
I went with the 28" to fit in more of the small tire racing classes. If you're not limited by tire size the 29.5 would certainly be a good choice. I'm also running a 4 link in my 66, 3400 lbs, if you can plot out an IC in 150-160 AS range, that would be a good place to start. I would try to get a setting that has the top bar in the closest hole to the rear end housing, and the bottom bar set with some upward angle. Not sure of your power level but the 1.8 first gear with a 4.30 puts the starting line ratio a bit high, could still work fine, but if you have a power adder a 1.58 would be better. Be prepared to spend some time working on shock settings,

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Finally got to the track. They work pretty good. 1.14 60 ft.
If you are going to be hitting them hard on the launch, you might want to put a little more air pressure in them. We went up to 19.
3150 lb car

·
Registered
4,639 Posts
PBR is good on a good track but marginal on a poorly prepped track. I've run .05 quicker on the pbr 28x15 tire than a 28x10.5 stiffwall Mickey Slick. That said, my car isn't exactly set up well.

·
Registered
4,461 Posts
3355R PBR is a great tire. Been 1.24 on a marginal track that doesn't prep for radials

1 - 20 of 20 Posts