Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rate the QA1 drag racing set as A1. The set up is a quality suspention. The double adjustable shocks really works good for dialing in at the track

·
Registered
895 Posts
The style of suspension is also probably relevant. Front? Rear ?
Stock suspension, ladders bars? Leaf springs ? 4-link ?

Many other killer brands for shocks like Viking, afco, Menscer, santuffs, penske, etc.

·
Mike
7,326 Posts
Has QA-1 had a total revamp to catch up with the industry, or are they mass advertising like Fram? Menscer sells shocks he can tune, but does not manufacture, as far as I know.

·
FUCKING ASSHOLE SINCE '61
7,327 Posts
Has QA-1 had a total revamp to catch up with the industry, or are they mass advertising like Fram? Menscer sells shocks he can tune, but does not manufacture, as far as I know.
A good quantity of the parts that make up QA-1 stuff in IMPORTED!!!
They just ASSEMBLE shocks!

I have toured the plant in Lakeville, MN. as a potential employee.
Told them no thank you.
Did NOT like all the overseas parts...

Your Pal, Gary

·
Registered
5,371 Posts
QA-1 shocks were never never a good drag race shock. A shock dyno proves that.
Says the same guy who said you "will not see lamb or MW brakes on a bracket car". Are there better shocks? Absolutely. Will the QA1's work if they had to? Yes.
Your name isn't Ed by chance is it?

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I m o .

Qa1 shocks are great for street rods and mild street cars .Budget friendly for sure however for drag racing they are the last choice for me . id rather have Ranchos if I was on a budget build ! id challenge you to upgrade to a strange or afco and im sure you would see a major improvement over the Qa1 shocks .

·
Registered
5,371 Posts
I m o .

Qa1 shocks are great for street rods and mild street cars .Budget friendly for sure however for drag racing they are the last choice for me . id rather have Ranchos if I was on a budget build ! id challenge you to upgrade to a strange or afco and im sure you would see a major improvement over the Qa1 shocks .
I'm not doubting any of that. My car came with them in the rear (single adjustable to make it even worse). I've never felt the need to change them until this year. Looking at some Konis. Car does pretty good/consistent with them I think at a very marginal track. 1.27 60' on a 32 x 16 tire w/ sbc 6.01 @ 3250 lbs. It would be 1.25 60' anywhere else. I'd take that Ranchos challenge though :)

·
Banned
322 Posts
Says the same guy who said you "will not see lamb or MW brakes on a bracket car". Are there better shocks? Absolutely. Will the QA1's work if they had to? Yes.
Your name isn't Ed by chance is it?
my name is not Ed and I said they aren't a good drag shock, not that they would not work but they are a low budget drag shock not typically used on purpose built drag cars and no comparison to drag shocks built by Afco, Sandtuff, Strange, Penske and others.

·
Registered
16,293 Posts
OK.........when do we talk about suspension set ups?

Reactions: TunnelDragster
1 - 12 of 12 Posts