Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need at least one more 10 lb bottle and a 15 lb. There are a few deals on RJ, but I'm more than a little leary about used bottles.

This is the best deal I've found on a 10lb, $140 with the fitting: http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store/scripts/prodlist.asp?idcategory=40

I've also found CO2 bottles for 60 - 80 bucks. Thinking I would have to replace the valve, maybe with the one at the website above for $50 (plus $20 for the fitting)? Not sure if these valves would flow enough though?

·
Registered
885 Posts
I need at least one more 10 lb bottle and a 15 lb. There are a few deals on RJ, but I'm more than a little leary about used bottles.

This is the best deal I've found on a 10lb, $140 with the fitting: http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store/scripts/prodlist.asp?idcategory=40

I've also found CO2 bottles for 60 - 80 bucks. Thinking I would have to replace the valve, maybe with the one at the website above for $50 (plus $20 for the fitting)? Not sure if these valves would flow enough though?
i sell brand new 10# bottles for $129
call m 847-244-2020 thanks Tom

·
Registered
541 Posts
I bought four new 10 lb. bottles couple years ago from certain company paid $140 per bottle shipped, after using them few times valves went bad on two of them. Four new NOS bottles that I bought and six used NOS bottles had no issues at all so cheaper is not always better way to go specially on nitrous where everything needs to flow at 100% .

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bought four new 10 lb. bottles couple years ago from certain company paid $140 per bottle shipped, after using them few times valves went bad on two of them. Four new NOS bottles that I bought and six used NOS bottles had no issues at all so cheaper is not always better way to go specially on nitrous where everything needs to flow at 100% .

Thats my main concern after safety, is will they flow enough. Nobody seems to list orifice size or anything on valves, just that they flow north of (300, 400, etc...) horsepower. Does anybody have a list of orifice sizes (and maybe Cv) for different vlaves?

Blue Malibu, sounds like a good deal, may give you call soon.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I'm in the market for about 5 new bottles, which bottles would you buy?

Nos
Speedtech
Cold fusion
Nitrous supply
Etc etc

What would be your first choice and why?

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I have two older bottles from NOS that are 10 lbs each that I would sell you delivered by me for $125 cash. Call my cell phone 765-860-4328 from 11am-9pm....I could even deliver this weekend. Just call (anybody that is interested), don't PM or answer on the forum please. Both bottles have the blow off of the valves so that they can be used in a hatchback or the interior.

Angelo Taylor, Fishers IN

·
Registered
541 Posts

Nos
Speedtech
Cold fusion
Nitrous supply
Etc etc

I've been using NOS new and used bottles had no issue at all.
NOS or Speedtech would be my first choice they both install high flow valves on their bottles, I would definitely stay away from CFN Cold Fusion Nitrous (bad valves).

Super high flow valve is the best way to go but also expensive, mostly used by people running multiple stages out of one bottle or spraying 38-N or larger orifice on one stage.
High flow valve should be good up to 38-N.
Standard valve should be good up to 30-N.

Friend of mine switching from 706 cid nitrous motor to pro charger, he windowed the block in Vegas racing SCSN 10.5W and is parting out motor and selling all the nitrous stuff, Manifold ,Carbs, nitrous kits and other stuff, he has lots of good bottles for sale you can call him at (425-501-9235 TREVOR)
-Paja (Pie-ya)

·
Registered
853 Posts
We have a number of different color of 5, 10, 15, 20lbs bottles, With different valves with orifices .312 to .500. We have a new all aluminum small Valve that fits 5,10,15,20lbs that has a .312 orifice but outflows all of the so called super hi flow including the large NOS valve. The only one that beats it is the .500 (Powervalve) we offer. It just came out and not too many people know about it. It's called the powervalve 300R. Nitrous Supply

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
We have a number of different color of 5, 10, 15, 20lbs bottles, With different valves with orifices .312 to .500. We have a new all aluminum small Valve that fits 5,10,15,20lbs that has a .312 orifice but outflows all of the so called super hi flow including the large NOS valve. The only one that beats it is the .500 (Powervalve) we offer. It just came out and not too many people know about it. It's called the powervalve 300R. Nitrous Supply
Link to info and availability ??? Are just the valves available to switch ?? Thanks

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
the high flow has a .312 orffice and 3/8 pickup tube, the super high flow has a .312 orfice and a 1/2 pickup tube and is drilled for a gauge .
You can buy used hogh flow bottles and change the tube

·
Super Moderator
12,191 Posts

Induction Solutions
Nos
Speedtech
Cold fusion
Nitrous supply
Etc etc

Damn Dawg, what about the guys that plumbed your manifold ??? I fixed your post... ;) We have bottles as well with the Super Max High Flow valve... SJ

·
Super Moderator
12,191 Posts
A lot of times the bottle valve deal gets over thought ?? :confused: There are a few different valves out there, but many are very similar to one another.

Another thing to consider is if using two bottles, the valve plays less of a role too. When limited to a single bottle and looking for max flow, that's when things start to matter.

Our valve is pretty much the same as the others sell and kind of falls under the industry standard. Most of todays "high flow" valves have a .312 orifice with a pop off and a gauge port option.

Induction Solutions, Edelbrock, Speedtech, Wilson, Nitrous Supply just to name a few pretty much all use a similar valve.

We do use a larger 1/2" flared pick up tube as well as a longer better supporting compression nut. Seen to many with the short compression nut break off over time..

Here's a couple of pics...

Then here's on finished out in our bottle..

If your looking for bottles don't get fooled by a less expensive stripped down deal. We sell ours with the racer safety in place as well as a liquid filled gauge and a bottle nut on them too.

Hope this helps.. SJ

1 - 20 of 48 Posts