Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, who makes a really good crank that can withstand 1500hp+, be lightweight(well, a little lighter than a stock one) internal balance that won't break, 2 pc crank seal, 4.250 stroke, with standard journal sizes for a big block chevy setup for nitrous???

I am looking at Callies, Ohio Crankshaft, Eagle, Lunati, Bryant is a little too much for my buildup, but not out of the picture.

I am still deciding on Steel or Alum rods. and pistons, but as we all want, I am looking for lightweight as possible parts. I am looking at Oliver Rods if I go with steel, and not sure on Alum manufacturer yet.
Thanks for any reply.;)

John

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Callies

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Just save a little longer and go with the Bryant. If you cant swink it Callies Magnum XL will get it done. Bottle motor gets the vote for aluminum rods all the way. MGP, or GRP would be good places to call and talk with. Also ask about SBC rod journal size with your crank builder.

·
RED ROCKET
8,633 Posts
callies from mills588 on here.

light would be the xl of course.

a dragonslayer could handle the hp though and very well priced..

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
trying to produce 1500HP I would spend the x for a Bryant. As stated above callies would work but bryant would be better. Don't try and build that kind of HP with cheap parts. It will cost you more in the long run.

·
Registered
7,748 Posts
Seen more Bryant cranks broke than any other. Maybe because they are always in a high hp app though.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Bryant is a waste at that power level in my opinion. A Callies Magnum or even Dragonslayer will handle that power easy.

·
Registered
556 Posts
As it was mentioned a Callies will do just fine. I have one in a 632 (4.75" arm) making close to 1400HP and so far no issue whatsoever. I sent you a PM.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Callies magnum or Howards . if you get in to the XL you need to know your bob weigth as callies cranks have been getting lite on counter weight so with steel rods or heavy Nos pistons with thick wall pins your going to sink some heavy metal. i use BME rods .i am a dealer for both if you need any thing

1 - 15 of 15 Posts