Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

Just wondering what the best most reliable chev starter motor is???

Have SBC with 13.5:1 comp crank trigger 39deg total but with 20 deg start retard.

Tried a 3HP CVR starter and it broke shaft in first season after 30 runs

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
That Meziere is a work of art. I just put in an MSD starter (Hitachi style) and am impressed so far. Spins over 14.5:1 with a 12 volt battery like its bitch.

·
Registered
26,607 Posts
Hi Guys

Just wondering what the best most reliable chev starter motor is???

Have SBC with 13.5:1 comp crank trigger 39deg total but with 20 deg start retard.

Tried a 3HP CVR starter and it broke shaft in first season after 30 runs
Which shaft?

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
Be careful with 20 degrees of start retard. You really need a large Ford style cap with the wider post spacing and also index the rotor.

·
Registered
26,607 Posts
Where ever, there is no flaming in the Tech sections, and they are very moderated. Not like the Trash Section at all.

·
Registered
28 Posts
meziere - i have tried them all. don't waste your time on anyone else. i currently run a 24v meziere on a blown 526 AJPE and it works flawless. dave @ meziere is great to work with.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Hmm,,

I have a old CVR/Hitachi that was on a 14/1 632, cranked that for 2+? years. Replaced the pinion and mounted it on my 406, still going strong. Spent the time to shim/check it properly, used the proper bolts, and checked the engagement depth. Hope it goes for awhile as the bucks are getting low.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts