Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to see which cable stripper you guys have had luck with.The one I had was a total pile of crap,no matter how you adjusted it ,it wouldnt cut all the way through the jacket,or itd walk off the end barely scratching the surface.Im looking for one that actually works to replace mine bc a sledgehammer fell on it.:-kill

This what I was using.

·
Registered
26,607 Posts
Urility knife worked for years for me with the heavier guages. Probably did way less damage than the type of stripper you are using. (Actually I know it did)

·
Registered
26,607 Posts
Thats exactly what I ended up using,easier,less aggrevating and caused less issues.
We are still talking about wire STRIPPERS right? :)

·
Registered
26,607 Posts
My crimpers were $400 dollars. Those trigger type strippers can be an issue with finer strand wire, as they sometimes try and tear the wire. Also if you have higher quality insulating jackets they will not tear away properly. They do work great on house wire (solid core, with stiff insulating jackets).

The original stripper in the first post is meant for larger cable sizes, like 6ga up (mostly 1, 1/0, etc). To date, for me anyway, nothing works better than a long razor blade or really sharp paring knife.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts