Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best intake for a BBC with Brodix BB2+ heads. Makes around 750 hp and is in a street car. Running low 10's with a Victor Jr. Going to square port instead of round Edelbrock Performer Plus. Height is a problam. Can't be higher than the Victor Jr. at about 6 inches. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
run the vic jr 454r square port if running a 4150 carb. what cu in.?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's a 540. Was thinking of a Merlin X as I think I can get away with the height. They also will do some port matching and plenum work. I can use both the 4150 and 4500 flange as it is a Prosystems SV1 carb. Was favoring the 4500 flange though.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
victor 454r or supervictor.

·
Registered
20,372 Posts
What is the best intake for a BBC with Brodix BB2+ heads. Makes around 750 hp and is in a street car. Running low 10's with a Victor Jr. Going to square port instead of round Edelbrock Performer Plus. Height is a problam. Can't be higher than the Victor Jr. at about 6 inches. Thanks.
you could port the one you have accordingly, yes it's a shit ton of work.

·
Registered
462 Posts
454-R dominator flange here,many have made the swap from a too big super victor including myself and have gone quicker and faster,airspeed is king!

reher morrison uses the 454-R up to 860 hp,after seeing that among many other examples I was not taking any chances making the switch

mine is home plenum ported,if you want yours ported pm me

I dont charge much as it is just side work

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Merlin X works very well on medium to large displacement BBC. We have one running around out there on a "cruise night" Camaro . 572 c.i. , 11:1... made 878 h.p. on our dyno right out of the box. Car has been 9.34 @145 , 3660lbs , d.o.t. tire. Good intake...often overlooked. Good luck! Johnny

·
Registered
228 Posts
you could port the one you have accordingly, yes it's a shit ton of work.
turned my 454-O into a 454-R. yes it was a full days work to just port match, but it works awesome. made over 800 with this set up here with untouched 360 heads on a 509 12:1 compression solid roller. runs high 4.90s in the 1/8 and high 7.90s in the 1/4 consistantly. save yourself some dough and port what you got!

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I'm 3800lbs and go consistent 9.80s with my Vic Jr with a not too far off combo then yours. I ported the Vic Jr myself. I'm sure there's still more unit but its 2 tenths faster when I had a home ported 454r n sv1

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
times in my signature are with a Victor Jr.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts