Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am kicking the my big, heavy, 1000 cranking amp, Everstart battery to the curb(weighs 46.5lbs). So I need to know who makes the best 12V battery out there?? Anyone had any luck with Braille?? They are really light and seem to have alot of cranking power.. I think 1300 cranking amps and only weighs like 21lbs.. I have a small trunk so a small powerful battery would be nice, but whatever will work the best.

Thanks

·
Registered
26,607 Posts
Lots of choices. I will say this about the smaller batteries: you need to be careful and mindful of the fact that unless it is lithium type battery you will have very, very little useable reserve capacity in a smaller battery.
Which is not a problem as long as you start quickly, and dont stall. But you may have issues if you flood the car and need to clear it, which usually only happens where? :) (And only in eliminations) My thought is it could be an expensive 20lbs.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You have brought up some very interesting points to really think about. I know that if I had to choose.. I would much rather have the reserve/reliability over the weight savings.. It would be nice to have both but doesnt look like one can go that way without spending alot of money on just a battery.. Especially since my trunk is very small and space it limited.. Thank you very much for your help:p I really appreciate it.

Adam

1 - 4 of 4 Posts