Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
5,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys suggest? I will probably use it for just back road fun and the occasional 200-300 mi trips. I was looking at the VTRs but for the money I would rather get a VFR 1200.

·
Registered
7,372 Posts
I am a Suzuki freak,but I would buy a new ZX14R if I was streetbike shopping

·
Registered
747 Posts
Id buy a hayabusa right now, but I also like the FJR 1300, and for more a a muscle cruiser i LOVE the M109r

·
Registered
6,565 Posts
Ducati Diavel. Bad-ass sumbitch with a laid back cruiser style. At least go look at one you won't be disappointed. There is a reason Ducati's are called the Ferrarri's of motorcycles.

What can I say I'm Italian. Plus I have two Ducs' right now a 750 Paso Ltd and a Monster S2R.

·
cynic/realist
15,961 Posts
Want a bad-ass bike? Wait till a new Suzuki comes out. They go leaps and bounds, every so many years. Busa's are 12 years old, and Suzuki is over-due.

·
Registered
137 Posts
If you're interested in a V-4 like the VFR1200 rather than a V-twin or an inline 4 sport bike check out the '09-'12 Yamaha Vmax. It's a 1679cc V-4 with low maintenance shaft drive... big, heavy bike but fast and fun. Of course I'm biased because I own one. :cool:

Scott

·
Registered
287 Posts
I see I don't fit in this crowd my choice has always been stroked Harleys.Been building and riding these hot rods since the early 70's.Latest build in 06 was our 155" Twincam.The bike was built around the motor,including suspension and brake upgrades.No need to spout off about how hard it pulls cause have nothing to prove.For me it is the perfect street bike with quicktach bags and shield and the wife on back we can still pass most anything anytime we need and the sound is incredible.5 minutes take of the shield and bags the bike becomes a true muscle bike,best thing is this bike can be ridden all day everyday and be comfortable doing it.Believe me not taking anything away from the over the pond bikes just not our style.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Ive been looking at the ZRX1200 Kawi's and its reviewed very well as a sport cruiser bike. A friend just got a new ZX14R and he loves it. He reccomends I get the ZRX1200 too.

This one is turbo'd just for a pic reference..

·
Registered
287 Posts
No such thing as a perfect all around steet bike for all to agree on.
Already own my perfect street bike but had to build it too many custom features to ever be found on a showroom floor.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Ive been looking at the ZRX1200 Kawi's and its reviewed very well as a sport cruiser bike. A friend just got a new ZX14R and he loves it. He reccomends I get the ZRX1200 too.

This one is turbo'd just for a pic reference..

I agree. They are not nearly as powerful as I would like, but that are real nice and comfortable, and wheelie easily.
Here's my old one.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts