Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious what you guys have used for after market chain/gear setups and what you like the best? Thanks

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
We always ran the factory truck chain. hell even the chain in the comp adjustable set looks just like 1. The gm chain has changed a few times but thats what we have always used if its not a double roller.

·
Fat Kid Racing
1,563 Posts
I'll be running an ls2 setup

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
I have the cloyes in my old motor and now I have the rollmaster double roller in the motor ready to go in. I didn't have any problems from the cloyes. My stock chain did have some slack in it though.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
fixed 2 cars that broke there stock LS1 chain with h/c. One damaged the block bad, both has ASP UD balancers
Are you sure the chain caused the problem and not something else first? rod breaks and you can snap a chain. if something in the valvetrain breaks good enough you can snap a chain.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
I know for sure on one. I'm the only one that worked on the car after it got to the shop after it died idling in his garage. Only damage was chain was broke, every intake valve was bent, pushrods were fine, chain broke part of the block and oil pump. Also talked to another shop, and noted a few time it happened the cars had ASP ballancers also.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
I know for sure on one. I'm the only one that worked on the car after it got to the shop after it died idling in his garage. Only damage was chain was broke, every intake valve was bent, pushrods were fine, chain broke part of the block and oil pump. Also talked to another shop, and noted a few time it happened the cars had ASP ballancers also.

Did you put the car togeather? I wounder if they did not get the crank gear for the chain installed all the way ? Not disputing it happened this is just the first i have heard of the chains breaking. What chain was it(maybe you posted this before) ?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts