Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is everyone running for an adjustable shock on a stock suspension foxbody. I've been running K-mart special shocks and have been 1.42 60' but im thinking I need to step up. Looking for opinions on the QA1, Strange, etc. Good, bad and ugly. Thanks in advance.

·
ls1 s/s notch on 28s
25,650 Posts
evans runs 1.20s and teens with single stranges..

i wonder what was on dustin mouwrberns(sp) stang when he went 1.13 on 325s and what was on the stang out of the trz camp when it went 1.12 on 275s..

·
Registered
704 Posts
I have been 1.27 on 10 way single strange.Time for a double adjustable now.
x2 on the strange single adj..been 1.25 60ft.

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
for the money the strange doubles are hard to beat. but as far as the best goes, i would say Santhuff or Afco Big Guns

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I got Big Guns on my build...

·
Registered
342 Posts
evans runs 1.20s and teens with single stranges..

i wonder what was on dustin mouwrberns(sp) stang when he went 1.13 on 325s and what was on the stang out of the trz camp when it went 1.12 on 275s..

We use AFCO's on the rear of most of our cars. Strange doubles are a great buy and the AFCO's are a good step above. I wouldnt even consider QA1's.
Bruce Roberts car, mentioned above, had a standard AFCO non big gun shock on the back during the 1.13 runs. We are going to be trying out a new brand of shocks at the US Streets as well, we'll see what happens.

·
Registered
10,371 Posts
do you still run the springs on the lower arm with these shocks
i'm going to have to up grade soon , not sure if going coil over needed lower arm spring

·
Registered
412 Posts
for the money the strange doubles are hard to beat. but as far as the best goes, i would say Santhuff or Afco Big Guns

Pricing on AFCO Big Guns is right in line with strange.
If anyone needs pricing on Afco`s, shoot me a pm.

·
Registered
10,371 Posts
Pricing on AFCO Big Guns is right in line with strange.
If anyone needs pricing on Afco`s, shoot me a pm.

not to sure but the singles are about 70.00$ the doubles are about 175.00$

how much are the afco's , all i can find is 300.00$

and yes , you get what you pay for but 1.20 60ft is very good in my book

is there that much of a big deferents between the two

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
We use AFCO's on the rear of most of our cars. Strange doubles are a great buy and the AFCO's are a good step above. I wouldnt even consider QA1's.
Bruce Roberts car, mentioned above, had a standard AFCO non big gun shock on the back during the 1.13 runs. We are going to be trying out a new brand of shocks at the US Streets as well, we'll see what happens.

whats wrong with the QA1's? I think wolfe runs those on the rear probably with custom valving.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts