Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are some opinions/experiances. AFR, Dart Pro 1, Brodix track 1, Edelbrock? What kind of flow #'s are we talking? Thanks for input!

·
Super Moderator
35,256 Posts
If you are interested in running a Raised Runner 23 degree head the best out there is the All Pro RR245 23 degree head. I has the ability to flow 380+ cfm on the intake and 280+ on the exhaust.

The Pro Action is a decent second.... and that's about it for 23 degree stuff.

·
Registered
354 Posts
i have a quick question im new to the big hp power engines my last engine was a puppie motor,which head will be better for a 377 cube twin turbo engine a 18 deg or a 23 deg head

·
Super Moderator
35,256 Posts
The 18 degree head is going to be a better piece regardless of anything other than rules requiring a 23 degree head. The port work, is going to be what's important in how the head works with a turbo, nitrous, or n/a.

The benefit of the 18 degree head with a 'turbo' may not entirely exist in the port geometry, but more in the chamber. It's a much mroe efficient chamber, with a much better plug position than the 23 degree head.... the turbo won't care much about the intake port geomerty, but it will be more efficient.

·
Registered
354 Posts
thankx for the quick response,i have another question,the class im going to run is an index 8.90 class heads up so im not to concerend about rules would it be better to use a aluminum block or a cast 4 bolt block what do you suggest

·
Super Moderator
35,256 Posts
Only reason to ever use an aluminum block is if it's the only and last way to get weight to the min. requirement... 1 they are expensive, and 2 they are not efficient.... Can't beat a good Iron block... or for the roundy round guys... a STEEL block.... LOL.

IOW.... save your money.

·
Registered
354 Posts
okay cool thats what i was thinking also im not concerent with weight it should be a light car im building a tube chassis 1974 vega wagon so it should weigh to much

·
Administrator
136,618 Posts
Just FYI..

Aluminum blocks make around 40-80 HP less than its iron brother
Aluminum block sleeves never hold shape no matter how long you have it
Aluminum block main caps always move
Aluminum blocks leak water unless extra care is taken when putting on head gaskets
Aluminum blocks have to be disassempled in the right order otherwise the cam wont come out
Aluminum blocks suck...

·
Registered
228 Posts
Monty Mikho said:
Just FYI..

Aluminum blocks make around 40-80 HP less than its iron brother
Aluminum block sleeves never hold shape no matter how long you have it
Aluminum block main caps always move
Aluminum blocks leak water unless extra care is taken when putting on head gaskets
Aluminum blocks have to be disassempled in the right order otherwise the cam wont come out
Aluminum blocks suck...
Ok....now tell us how you REALLY feel!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts