Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best midrange price 1911 Kimber , Auto ordinance , Springfield? Don't wanna break the bank ...

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Of those I would go Springfield Loaded or Range Officer. $800ish new. You can spend more or less. They are making so many models now it's staggering.

·
Registered
6,057 Posts
What is your midrange price you are looking to spend? Also what size 1911. Full size, commander size or sub compact.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I love my Kimbers, but the Springfield is a good midrange, and you can have some minor work done to it and still be as cheap or cheaper than Kimbers and others.

·
Registered
22,179 Posts
He, He!!

I know it's dirt cheap and ugly, but my new Hi-Point 45 shoots and for less than $175, it's fine by me.

pdq67

·
Long Live The King
103,929 Posts
He, He!!

I know it's dirt cheap and ugly, but my new Hi-Point 45 shoots and for less than $175, it's fine by me.

pdq67
Don't think I'd trust my life on a $ 175 semi-auto handgun. I sure the hell wouldn't put a few 100 rounds a year through it.

Oh shit this thread reminds me I know where I can get a Sig .45 for cheap I need to remind the guy I'm interested.

G-

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
$upernova thats a sweet lookin 1911 .. Now is that how you recieved it? How much would that piece run?

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
I recently got a Paraordnance stainless GI Expert 1911. So far it looks to be well built especially for the price. I paid $675 including tax. I've seen them for a little less but this local guy actually had one and was really nice/helpful to do business with. Hopefully I'll get a chance to shoot it this afternoon after having it for over a week and either having to do other stuff or dealing with shitty weather. As soon as I get through doing some changes to the finish I'll post pics of it.

·
Registered
14,768 Posts
If you just want something to shoot, get a Springfield GI and send it in and have it tuned up. It'll probably shoot better than most are able and cost a lot less than a custom. Most of the "expense" on customs are just bells and whistles that add very little to their accuracy.
JMO

1 - 20 of 35 Posts