Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
Why you moving on from the conventional small block? That thing was haulin ass.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Why you moving on from the conventional small block? That thing was haulin ass.
X2
All these guys moving away from SERIOUS conventional stuff to LS platforms are in a for a big awakening .:confused:

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
Cathedral or square port make a difference??

·
Registered
487 Posts
Hard question to answer, haven't seen max effort ported versions of each type of 15* aftermarket head that are available. But have seen two different types of 15* OE castings hit over 400cfm. Best flowing on a bench and best performing/best for your combo may not jive though.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Yea, if your thinking of doing an LS for X275, I'd research it close. I don't think the LS has much if any advantage over sbc when you start getting in to the 900 na fwhp range. Except maybe for draining your acount. But I'd say contact Allpro.

·
1,568 Posts
Yea, if your thinking of doing an LS for X275, I'd research it close. I don't think the LS has much if any advantage over sbc when you start getting in to the 900 na fwhp range. Except maybe for draining your acount. But I'd say contact Allpro.
HE IS 100% CORRECT ON THAT!!

·
Registered
5,511 Posts

·
Chupa Cabra
9,824 Posts
Edelbrock Pro Port 15* LS3 casting hipped and ported by the porter of your choice.

We're doing these on a N/A build that will be for Ultra Street. Shooting for 2+ hp per cube with a 416 c.i. motor.

·
Behind Enemy Lines In Ca.
16,459 Posts
Edelbrock Pro Port 15* LS3 casting hipped and ported by the porter of your choice.

We're doing these on a N/A build that will be for Ultra Street. Shooting for 2+ hp per cube with a 416 c.i. motor.
Interesting. Keep us posted on the build.

·
Chupa Cabra
9,824 Posts
Interesting. Keep us posted on the build.
It should be a nice piece. It won't run 4.90's, but it should go 5.10's the way it's set-up right [email protected] race weight.

Really needs an aftermarket block with more bore for it to run 4.90's. That would be so we could put more intake valve in it and of course more cubes. Limited to 4.070" bore as it's utilizing a LS3 block currently.

Would of gone with a different casting with a steeper valve angle, but there is another class we want to run with the car at a heavier weight than Ultra that only allows stock valve angle heads even on N/A combos.

It will be a shop car as it belongs to our fabricator/shop foreman.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts