Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
doing it right
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
which one do you guys like im not interested in optima because they are junk- so what else do you guys like ? need 2

·
Registered
26,607 Posts
Deka Intimidator is best bang for your buck. Odyssey PC1500 (Sears Platinum AGM) is probably best battery.

·
Registered
26,607 Posts
You should only need one if you have a decent alternator. I think they are about $130each at most outlets in the US, or try remybattery.com or autobarn.com .

·
doing it right
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i want 2 ive always ran 2 so - just like the idea of having them :)

·
Registered
26,607 Posts
Wish all my customers were like that, LOL. It wont hurt you any, other than weight. But after that it is good deal, as it makes things like the starter crank a little faster, etc.

·
Registered
2,915 Posts

·
Registered
26,607 Posts
Last I checked Optimas are 36lbs (and not listed as pure lead anymore), Deka Intimidators 42 1/2lbs (calcium coated plates), and the PC1500 are 52lbs (actually just went to their website and now are listed as 49lbs.) All batteries have the same footprint, so more weight means more lead, more lead means more reserve or more cranking power. If they make the plates thicker it is more reserve, if they put moe plates in it means more cranking power. So the Odyssey at 49lbs is the better battery. However what I find alarming is the Intimidator has moved up a whole 1/2LB (not much), but more the Odyssey is now 3lbs lighter than it was for the first 15 years of production. So Odyssey is shaving lead from the inside trying to increase profit. Still 6 1/2 LBS heavier, but used to be 10lbs.
So the Odyssey has 15% more weight for 46% more cost than the Intimidator, hence why I say the Intimidator is a better value.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Last I checked Optimas are 36lbs (and not listed as pure lead anymore), Deka Intimidators 42 1/2lbs (calcium coated plates), and the PC1500 are 52lbs (actually just went to their website and now are listed as 49lbs.) All batteries have the same footprint, so more weight means more lead, more lead means more reserve or more cranking power. If they make the plates thicker it is more reserve, if they put moe plates in it means more cranking power. So the Odyssey at 49lbs is the better battery. However what I find alarming is the Intimidator has moved up a whole 1/2LB (not much), but more the Odyssey is now 3lbs lighter than it was for the first 15 years of production. So Odyssey is shaving lead from the inside trying to increase profit. Still 6 1/2 LBS heavier, but used to be 10lbs.
So the Odyssey has 15% more weight for 46% more cost than the Intimidator, hence why I say the Intimidator is a better value.
:rolleyes: I think I have a headache.....By the way Ray thanks for the alternator I got thru Jeff. It's a nice piece!

·
Registered
26,607 Posts
Your welcome and I am glad you didnt get a headache from it, LOL.

·
Registered
26,607 Posts

·
Registered
26,607 Posts
Is this a good one to get? I need a Battery.
That is the best battery in that size. For $50 less you can consider the Deka Intimidator, which is a good battery too.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts