Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Milan's Friday night Heads Up race allow the use of ladder bars in drag radial.

What other sanctioning bodies allow the use of ladder bars in drag radial?

Who at Milan or anywhere else actually run them on there ride in drag radial?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
4,521 Posts
Don't know about 'sanctioning bodys' but Cecil Co. allows them @ their deal every month. Another one coming up next sat. the 30th.

·
The Bullet Killer
36,720 Posts
and to add onto what heavy is saying, its going to be 3500 to win this saturday for there "big race of the year"

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
I think it's some what common at a local level, but not really appropriate for national level rules where car count is not an issue.

In truth, with the increased popularity of the class and car counts, most local races would have no problem filling a standard 16 car field with without ladder bar cars, but because the rules were written to allow them while the local class was getting itself started I can understand not suddenly outlawing a local customer's car.

In the long run it would be nice to see these cars move to a Limited Street style class (true 10.5s or DR). But a lot of tracks would have trouble getting car counts between D/R and 10.5W.

Of course in some parts of the country you'll only find L/S, and no local D/R.

·
The Enemy
22,068 Posts
I believe milan originally allowed ladder bars to allow the smaller tired cars to just put radials on rather than trying to keep up with outlaw. I remember the decision was either radial or TT5.

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
Actually I think several of the Milan Outlaw 10.5 racers would welcome a True 10.5 Limited Street class that allowed any rear suspension on back-half only cars.

A L/S class would likely pull more cars from O/L than D/R, and they only just got the 10.5W class healthy by allowing full tube chassis cars.

·
The Enemy
22,068 Posts
Actually I think several of the Milan Outlaw 10.5 racers would welcome a True 10.5 Limited Street class that allowed any rear suspension on back-half only cars.

I think a L/S class would pull more cars from O/L than D/R, and they only just got the 10.5W class healthy by allowing full tube chassis cars.
I agree.

But, back before the radial class all of the radial guys and small tired cars ran in outlaw. They made the radial class and that killed the outlaw car counts.

The choice was a TT5 class or a radial class. Baxter chose radial.

·
The Bullet Killer
36,720 Posts
id like to see some of the mid west guys come out east this week for Cecil's.

I know Turley (guy with the nice camaro) wanted to head out last time. Maybe jason lee and or hizmen too

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
True Street

Our class in Teas True Ten 5 allows them, I don't think anybody runs them. But, they are allowed in True Street.

·
Premium Member
3,782 Posts
Well this is our first year for DR and we went by the rules of a local class (MSRA). As far as I can tell we have 1 car with ladder bars showing up monthly.Next year there will be a few rule changes. I think the ladder bar will be out and also base weight will be drop to 3200. To try and stay with most other races.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts