Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone using engine/trans limiters? Running front and mid plates, solid mount @ trans and bent the crossmember........door car tube chassis... any picts need some ideas on how to build them & where to put them,,,,, thanks:confused:

·
Registered
17,452 Posts
If I understand what you're saying is you run an engine that is basically "locked" to the front of the chassis and have a solid mount on the rear of the transmission.

I think most guys on YB will agree that unless you have a very solid tube chassis car, there will be enough flex between the ending mount point and the transmission mount points to cause problems if you try to run a solid mount. Most guys run something like a poly-urethane mount or similar that supports the trans rear but allows some movement.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I also run both plates and Did the same to mine. added engine limiters and made the crossmember more like a k member with two more attachment points on the frame. For the limiters I used the factory motor mount bosses with 1/8" plate steel bolted to it, two tabs off of it then two tabs on frame. For the actual limiter just a cpl rod ends and a tube with threaded ends between them.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I also run both plates and Did the same to mine. added engine limiters and made the crossmember more like a k member with two more attachment points on the frame. For the limiters I used the factory motor mount bosses with 1/8" plate steel bolted to it, two tabs off of it then two tabs on frame. For the actual limiter just a cpl rod ends and a tube with threaded ends between them.
That's where I'm at, I am having a problem with using the factory motor mount holes, running a diaper so its in the way, also the motor is offset to the passenger side and not much room, trying to find another way if possible to hook it all together, if I cut the diaper, I loose the SFI rating

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If I understand what you're saying is you run an engine that is basically "locked" to the front of the chassis and have a solid mount on the rear of the transmission.

I think most guys on YB will agree that unless you have a very solid tube chassis car, there will be enough flex between the ending mount point and the transmission mount points to cause problems if you try to run a solid mount. Most guys run something like a poly-urethane mount or similar that supports the trans rear but allows some movement.
Was running a solid trans mount, bent the crossmember 1/4 inch, ordered the poly mount, but still need to stop the movement

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Did you buy an SFI rated diaper? Most cheap bracket diapers aren't SFI rated. So a small hole to access a motor mount hole won't hurt anything.

·
Registered
6,615 Posts
That's where I'm at, I am having a problem with using the factory motor mount holes, running a diaper so its in the way, also the motor is offset to the passenger side and not much room, trying to find another way if possible to hook it all together, if I cut the diaper, I loose the SFI rating
Where did you get the diaper? Is it sfi 7.1 or 7.2? NHRA tracks do not require a sfi diaper, only and NHRA approved diaper. Let me know if there is anything we can do to help you out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts