Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have a idea of why my blower belts would fly off?? i adjusted the belt right with the right tension and i do have a brace..the belts are not eating any teeth off just some how flying off.Any ideas??? this is the first weekend it started doing this.

Is a F2 blower spinning it to 58-60k

·
Registered
25,667 Posts
My old side slinger got a rip or tear in the triangle that bolts to the head. Bottom side . Had to weld up the rip , problem solved.
That was the issue with belt throwing.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My old side slinger got a rip or tear in the triangle that bolts to the head. Bottom side . Had to weld up the rip , problem solved.
That was the issue with belt throwing.
i will take a look at the brackets again but i couldnt find anything.. how much pre load do you guys set them to..i dont go to crazy maybe it needs more.. How many flats or turns??

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No 3 speed car. This issue just started to. Never had issues with belts flying off. Some times I would eat a belt but I fixed that issue with more preload and tighten the belt more.i had the belt to loose when i was eating the belts. The belt has about 3/4 twist and about 1" play up and down on the bottom side of the belt.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Also the belt is ridding in the middle of both pulleys. Maybe i need more preload. How much do some of you guys use ?

·
Registered
515 Posts
You have a belt alignment issue or something is flexing when the motor is revving. I fought the very same problem last year. I ended up putting a gear drive on it. I tried shimming the head unit to pitch the angle of the shaft but never had any luck. You could try that. Think belt sander, how you adjust the tracking on the front roller. I tried making an adjustable support like you have back to the strut tower but I was never able to get it right. I got frustrated and scrapped it all for a gear drive. Problem solved. As the other guy stated check your idler pulley too. If it is too far forward or backwards it can cause issues too.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts