Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after reading the "Max boost/rmp with a rib belt Vortech? " post i think maybe i have went the wrong way in pullies.

i have a 331 with an s-trim 8 rib belt but i can only get 10-12#, thought maybe the blower was just running out of steam but maybe i have more belt slip than i thought.

i have a 2.50 pulley. I've already talked with vortech regarding the t-trim upgrade and i should be sending it off in the next couple weeks.

what do you guys think?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Many times belt dust is evident when it slips. Do you see any dusting?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, the front of the charger has alot "dust" on it.

you the same BlownShovel from turbomustang?

·
Registered
258 Posts
With a narrow belt, small pulley it's tough to keep traction. Yes Mike?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok, might try a bigger pulley for shits and giggles before i send this thing off. i swore the "boost bug" wouldn't catch me but here i am looking for more...lol

yea, Mike..... i got a carb and a hat from you a few years ago.

·
Registered
258 Posts
ok, might try a bigger pulley for shits and giggles before i send this thing off. i swore the "boost bug" wouldn't catch me but here i am looking for more...lol

yea, Mike..... i got a carb and a hat from you a few years ago.
Boost is addictive... then you start breaking stuff ;)

·
Registered
258 Posts
Any chance you can add more wrap around the head unit pulley? An extra idler can help quite a bit by wrapping the belt around the pulley for additional grip area.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i can try that. i know each combo is different and this head unit is to small but i thought i should have more than 10-12#'s(maybe not)

combo is 331, afr 205 and a big blower cam.

·
Registered
258 Posts
The larger cam and decent heads can be part of the blowers struggles to push 12psi. And it may start pushing a bunch of hot air to reach that goal. Boost is a measure of resistance. Get the blower upgraded and it'll push the 10-12psi you are looking for.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts