Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im still beating my head against the wall on how i want to do my motor (roots, procharger, or twin turbos), but have a question in the meantime. If i go ProCharger, i am thinking F2. It will be on a bbc. Is there a certain power level that it pays to go direct drive to help crankshaft longevity instead of belt driven? If i am only after 1000hp + range should it even be a concern?

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
At that level I would not be concerned. When you get into the high end boost with F-3's that's were the direct (gear drives) come into play.

blessings...............Ron

·
Registered
7,855 Posts
BBC's have a big crank anyway so for that HP it should last forever. The side slinger is a great setup and is cheap compared to the gear drive. I had over 100 runs on my cog belt before it started showing any wear running it on lower boost in the 1300hp range.

Nice thing about the gear drive though is you don't have any clearance problems with the hood/fender wells/suspension/valve cover/etc. I just switched to the Alston CDS gear drive and its piece of artwork....I love it. So if you have the money to spend check into it.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
68Bird and I have beat the shit out of side slinger F2's and made real good power with them without any issues. I ran the same Eagle forged crank for several years before finally upgrading everything and now also have a Alston CDS gear drive. Can't wait to get the car finished up and try it out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts