Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finished my motor last night and am getting ready to fab up some spacers and brackets but would really appreciate some pics and or advice to give me some ideas, this is what i am working with,,thanks

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
just realized i didnt specify belt drive FUEL pump

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
waterman makes a kit that I used.....its for a bbc on the right side......I used the studs to mount my crank trigger and the fuel pump drive....mine is a cable driven deal too.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys ,i have the aeromotive 17140 , but my problem is i cant just mount it on the motor plate because it needs to be spaced out about 3 inches just to get the pump pulley past the alternator belt pulley,,

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
so what do you think about this, do you think it will be stable enough mounting to the alternator bracket using the bottom bolt and then drilling a hole in the bracket below it and use another bolt and nut..like this

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
so your pump will be on the motor plate side ....inbetween the alt. and the crank pulley ?

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oooppps, wrong pic

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
do you have room on the right side ? if you can post a pic of the belt drive setup that you have..

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
give me a few and I will post a pic of mine on the otherside

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks vance, i dont have a mandrel yet

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
see if this helps

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
and here is one from the front

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
so it looks like you used studs and spacers on top of your crank trigger bracket,i thought of that but wasnt sure if it would be stable enough,, what does that third stud/spacer go to

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
cool thanks vance, i think thats what im gonna do, what did you make those spacers out of,

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
there are just the 2 studs.....all of the studs and threaded spacers are from the waterman kit...I had to machine the end of the spacers off to fit in the recessed pockets of the cranktrigger . then did a little measuring and cut them off to length....the belt drives are built to stand that far away , I just adapted it to my deal

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
if that is what you do, set up the crank trigger first...that way you dont have it all set up only to find out your new belt drive setup is right where your crank trigger is posta be;)

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
let me know if you would like more or different pics.......the third spacer that you see I think is just my cable to the pump....

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thanks alot, i just got done looking at the aeromotive website and there is a kit that those spacers come in , i really appreciate your help, you gonna get that tank into the sevens this year???

1 - 20 of 26 Posts