Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
All smiles and sunshine
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I don't believe my wife appreciates me at all. The constant job, the work at home her lazy butt does not do......

Am I crazy for thinking I should just let her go, even though we have a baby.. 3 months old?

I understand this is YellowBullet, but need some advice from guys who are there, or have been there.

If you are giving all you can, but it's never enough, is there a happy ending?

I don't think so. I booted her out tonight. I hate it, but things have to change.

·
Registered
7,174 Posts
Sorry man but I cant relate. My wifes always pulled her weight and then some. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Mine works as hard as I do,but my son is in the same situation as you. I told him do everything he can to make it work but be smart enough to know when it isn't going to work. I think that is what he did and now he is seperated and going through the divorce proceedings. He seems happier,but more important my granddaughter seems much happier and healthier. Her momma has only seen her once in a month and brought her home early then.

·
A. K. A. Maddox
947 Posts
If you have a 3 month old...You need to suck it up and try to make it work! That babies wants and needs are more important than your own!

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Mine works as hard as I do,but my son is in the same situation as you. I told him do everything he can to make it work but be smart enough to know when it isn't going to work. I think that is what he did and now he is seperated and going through the divorce proceedings. He seems happier,but more important my granddaughter seems much happier and healthier. Her momma has only seen her once in a month and brought her home early then.
I can relate to what your son is going through as I went through that same deal 15 years ago.

·
Registered
4,616 Posts
you say you "booted her out " did she take the 3 month old with her ? If so you will regret that . Now that she is gone and you sent her out with the baby you are so F__CKED in court . That house you are in = hers , that car you drive = hers , the money in the bank 1/2 hers the other half will be the lawyers that you will hire trying to save the house , car and bank account she is fixing to take from you . You have only one shot at this and that is to keep the child with you and make her fight you for custody . Period . , Good luck , Bobby

·
Registered
7,174 Posts
Sooooooooooo getting a Christmas card from you this year is not out of the question?

I'm over come with anticipation.

Oh i dont know if I'd go that far, yet.

·
Chicken Leg?
17,838 Posts
i think i know where he's coming from. my wife had zero appreciation for me and all i did for my household and my family. she acted as if everything i did was just expected of me, whether i wanted to do them or not. i cooked, cleaned, shopped, fixed things, built things, mowed, shoveled, did my own laundry AND did my share of raising 2 children, and the only time she paid it any mind was if something DIDN'T get done. most nights i would come home from work and have to cook my own dinner, cuz her & the kids had already had theirs a couple hours before. if she did something for me, i had to do something to earn it. for 15 years i was treated as a guest in my own house, and i realized one day that it was never gonna change....

·
Medium Pimpin!
8,852 Posts
A guy i work with had the same issue with his wife. Together 13 years and he worked hard supporting her, she worked about 25 hrs a week for the 1st couple years and then got pregnant and stopped working completely. After the baby was born he would work all day and then have to go home and make dinner,wash clothes, clean the house etc etc. She starting complaining of headaches and seeing a bunch of doctors who got her on a bunch of meds and she wouldnt hardly get out of bed. She expected his check at the end of the week and wouldnt allow him to pay the bills, she wanted to write the checks. After about 5 years they started getting notices from collection agencies and shit for 25,000$ and he had to get a loan to pay it off. About 4 years later they were back in debt for almost 30k and he filed for divorce. Come to find out she was keeping all the money she could and paying the bare minimum and deferring payments of other stuff like the cars they had. She did everything she could to keep him from their daughter including getting cps involved and making accusations which worked for a month or two but basically made her look crazy. He finally got the divorce and only had to pay child support and nothing else other than a bunch of bills but he is much happier person. Dont put up with some bitches bullshit because you dont need her and theres plenty of woman out there.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
i think i know where he's coming from. my wife had zero appreciation for me and all i did for my household and my family. she acted as if everything i did was just expected of me, whether i wanted to do them or not. i cooked, cleaned, shopped, fixed things, built things, mowed, shoveled, did my own laundry AND did my share of raising 2 children, and the only time she paid it any mind was if something DIDN'T get done. most nights i would come home from work and have to cook my own dinner, cuz her & the kids had already had theirs a couple hours before. if she did something for me, i had to do something to earn it. for 15 years i was treated as a guest in my own house, and i realized one day that it was never gonna change....
Damn Greg, my life story.

·
Registered
7,174 Posts
My wife was back to work within a month with both kids. Good little earner she is. Now I hear about this father bonding paid time off bullshit, Phht. Pussification of the American male is what that is.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts