Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
6,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok it has been years since I got stung by a Bee. Sat at the farm lookin for parts got stung by a small yellow jacket. Nothing really. Sun at the lake I was raking a bunch of leaves an got stung by one of them . Had a nest in the ground. Hurt like hell for hours. Today back home mowing the lawn an all of a sudden these big things wanted me to go away. Again a nest in the ground. They were about 2"s long an the wings were an inch long. Black body with white stripes. What the hell are they ? Northern Ma. Here are a few pics but they don't look as big because I hit em with brake clean. Took a LOT to kill em. If I dazed one another would come an scoop him up an fly away. Soooo what do ya think !! :unsure:

·
Registered
337 Posts
Corona virus and blm are fading away. Pisslosi just sent in the murder hornets.

·
Pontiac "big block"
9,358 Posts
Idk, but I have the same ones here. Also in Northern MA

·
Registered
7,328 Posts
Looks like maybe a Cicada killer. They'll buzz ya but don't sting.....at least I've never been stung. I had them around my property for several years. My wife has tried spraying them with wasp and hornet spray and it doesn't seem to bother them.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
yep cicada killer wasp, the are real aggressive but I think only females sting. The males are the ones flying around if you want to get rid of them wait till dusk and fill hole with wasp spray

·
Mike
7,330 Posts
Chlorinated Brakleen(red can), and fire = nerve gas Phosgene in the smoke. I'd be careful on that one, at least that's what is says on the can....

·
Registered
6,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh ya ! Brake clean has always been my weapon of choice for bee's. Took a lot though. They were tough. Most bees die as soon as ya hit em with it. These guys were sayin "thats all ya got" ;)

·
Registered
335 Posts
Chlorinated Brakleen(red can), and fire = nerve gas Phosgene in the smoke. I'd be careful on that one, at least that's what is says on the can....
Good warning! I always use non-chlorinated since I use also for cleaning metal before welding. Even then I leave it for a bit.

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
I got them too. I use a Badminton racket on mine. If you miss, they're curious and will come back. Got an awesome backhand now !

·
UP ON JACK STANDS
4,079 Posts
Wait until night time, when they are in their holes. Pour some car wash soap in the hole. It will smother them. Each one has a ground hole.

·
Registered
16,109 Posts
Ok it has been years since I got stung by a Bee. Sat at the farm lookin for parts got stung by a small yellow jacket. Nothing really. Sun at the lake I was raking a bunch of leaves an got stung by one of them . Had a nest in the ground. Hurt like hell for hours. Today back home mowing the lawn an all of a sudden these big things wanted me to go away. Again a nest in the ground. They were about 2"s long an the wings were an inch long. Black body with white stripes. What the hell are they ? Northern Ma. Here are a few pics but they don't look as big because I hit em with brake clean. Took a LOT to kill em. If I dazed one another would come an scoop him up an fly away. Soooo what do ya think !! :unsure:

In Delaware we call them ox guards.
Somewhat aggressive.......great for killing pest.

·
Q(t)=ṁCpΔT
26,878 Posts
Straight gasoline. Instantaneous.

Reactions: GRUBBY
1 - 20 of 59 Posts