Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a confession to make. Beer can chicken is no where near as good as Coca Cola chicken on the grill. There I said it.

Did a few up this weekend and it was sweeter and far tastier. FYI

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
wonder how a little captn morgans with coke would be in there?? I like cookin chicken and pork with booze in the marinade.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
I have a confession to make. Beer can chicken is no where near as good as Coca Cola chicken on the grill. There I said it.

Did a few up this weekend and it was sweeter and far tastier. FYI
Seriously?! Did you marinate it in Coca Cola? Please tell.....I am addicted to Coca Cola and if I can have it on my chicken too.....Yeehaw!! LOL

·
Registered
450 Posts
Ill have to try this. Weve done a bunch of beer can chicken. And weve done coke chicken in the oven.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nope, I gave it a lawreys salt rub, ( I like it on almost everything), and I injected it with a cajun pepper / coke mix.

Yes, I normally have a coke cola I.V. in my arm at all times. My dentist disagrees with my habit....but it's job security for him.

I already tried it with Jack Daniels, naturally there is no alcohol after cooking or should I say coking after 1.5 hours...take the Jack Daniels tour in Lynchburg, Tenn. It's well worth the $0.00 dollars spent for 8 hours of american history of alcohol.

Good stuff.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I tried the coke chicken and it was the way we cook it (dry rub outside) pretty much the same as beer can chicken. it was slightly sweeter but pretty much a wash for us.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Best way to do it is to make the beer butt chicken as usual, and brush Coca-Cola on the bird every few minutes. Molasses works OK, but makes the skin a bit too sweet.

What happens is the sugar and syrup is coating the meat as it cooks, and helps keep in the natural fatty juices of the bird...that's what helps with the flavor. Beer gives a better actual flavor inside the bird, and Coke on the outside effectively seals the bird up and traps it all. Try it...

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Dang Ryan, where you been ??
NAISER!!!!!!!!!

Here there and everywhere the last few months. Looking forward to Christmas cookies in about 4 more months. I better see some recipes.

Ya, some say the coke chicken is better, some say stick with the beer can chicken.

Tomorrow I'll post some of my deep fried turkey stuff. And yes there is more to "Deep Fried Turkey" than droping a turkey in a friar, frier...however it's spelled.

For example...after the turkey is out of the deep friar...drop some potato wedges in the friar (rubbed in lawreys of course) for less than 2 minutes (depending on thickness) and Boom-Shaka-Laka, you have your own potato chips that taste like turkey and lawreys all in one.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Has anyone ever used bourbon instead of beer or coke. I am thinking about trying this over the weekend. Thinking bourbon with some dry rub in the liquid and rubbing the bird down (inside and out) with dry rub. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
10,044 Posts
Has anyone ever used bourbon instead of beer or coke. I am thinking about trying this over the weekend. Thinking bourbon with some dry rub in the liquid and rubbing the bird down (inside and out) with dry rub. Any thoughts?

We did a bourbon turkey a couple of years ago in the oven and it stunk the house up so bad that nobody could stand to eat it !!!!

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
so please excuse my ignorance but.. i have never heard of this can someone please explain it to me? i'm guessing what you're doing is opening a can of coke and setting it on the grill then putting the chicken on top of the coke can?

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
so please excuse my ignorance but.. i have never heard of this can someone please explain it to me? i'm guessing what you're doing is opening a can of coke and setting it on the grill then putting the chicken on top of the coke can?

Absolutley. There are holders you should buy which hold the chicken up on the can. Feel free to try this with your own homemade holders. But the store bought ones are easy and work perfect.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts