Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok this is kind of gay but, who has a good recipe for beer brats.

my goes has the following:
1 or 2 packages of Johnsonvilles
2 cans of beer (i use miller lite)
1 tbsp Tabasco
1tbsp wolcestershire
2 tsp ground red pepper
2 tsp chili pepper
I prick the brats, bring to a boil, add brats and simmer for 20 mins or so and then put on grill at low for a few minutes

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Try marinating them in Jack Daniels in a ziplock baggie overnight or 24hrs....yummm

Rick

·
I've Got The Cure
2,629 Posts
One thing here...
DON'T BUY GOOD BEER FOR COOKING!!!.

It doesnt work..get the worst flipping beer you can find and it cooks the best.

Example: My kids go from eating one or two dogs when I cook em normal to as many as they can stuff their seleves with when I cook em in shit beer!!!

For some reason shit beer works best!!!

Save Good Beer for Drinking...:smt023

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah, i even heard beer thats a year old works the best but, i can't wait that long

·
Registered
20,822 Posts
Why dont you put it in the cooking section? Put it in the closet with the rest of the guys LOL

·
Registered
126 Posts
ok this is kind of gay but, who has a good recipe for beer brats.

my goes has the following:
1 or 2 packages of Johnsonvilles
2 cans of beer (i use miller lite)
1 tbsp Tabasco
1tbsp wolcestershire
2 tsp ground red pepper
2 tsp chili pepper
I prick the brats, bring to a boil, add brats and simmer for 20 mins or so and then put on grill at low for a few minutes

awesome............... but i use 2 bottles of canadian beer
then i drink the rest..........

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Just boil them in beer for 10 minutes or so, then sear them on the grill both sides till they piss grease out.

Nate

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
(I prick the brats, bring to a boil, add brats and simmer for 20 mins or so and then put on grill at low for a few minutes)

You dont poke holes in BRATS.

Junk

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
did you call me a prick, if you grill them from the start then yes, don't poke them but, boiling them is a different story pal

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
did you call me a prick, if you grill them from the start then yes, don't poke them but, boiling them is a different story pal
I dont recall calling you anything, havent you seen the brat commercial i was poking fun at.

Junk

·
Registered
450 Posts
I cook mine in beer and then slap them on the grill.

have any of you tried "true" german brats?

at the commissary they sell a knock-off of them and they are a spicy version but pretty good.

but its hard to beat johnsonville. they got a handle on them........ lol

·
Registered
501 Posts
try this ... we use fresh, not pre-cooked, Johnsonville beer brats.

cut up some vidalia onion, green, and yellow peppers, and place in aluminum pan with brats. Salt and pepper. Add about a bottle to a bottle and a half of beer of your choice. Cover with aluminum foil. Put covered pan on pre-heated grill (med high heat) for one half hour. Don't touch. After half hour is up, take brats out, and brown, usually takes 5-10 minutes on low heat. I use a gas grill and turn heat down when browning brats. After brats are done, place them on a good bun. (We use french bread rolls) In pan you have onion, peppers and juice to add to brat.
Yum

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
A Brat isn't a brat till heaped with Sauerkraut and smeared with Botgies Mustard. Dark German mustard. Prick them if you want, just don't sit on them.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts