Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me start by saying THIS IS IN NO WAY A SLAM TO Proline as they have the shit figured out!!!

Lately I have been thinking about all the people that have Proline powered 10.5 cars..and was wondering does it not bother people to spend 40 to 50K on a motor to have to race ur engine builder...

I may be wrong but has ANY Proline powered 10.5 car (Except G-Mac lately) ran faster or for that matter BEAT the Lynch Mob at a 10.5 race?

Does anyone every worry bout getting 2nd tear stuff (2nd tear Proline maybe better than the BEST of other builders)

I mean that is ALOT of jack to spend to run at best 2nd....But maybe people fill W/O Proline power that they wouldnt even finish 2nd...Just some food for thought...

I know people will compare this to P/S but if that was the case 90% of the cars would run KB Motors...

Flame away JG...

·
The Enemy
22,068 Posts
Let me start by saying THIS IS IN NO WAY A SLAM TO Proline as they have the shit figured out!!!

Lately I have been thinking about all the people that have Proline powered 10.5 cars..and was wondering does it not bother people to spend 40 to 50K on a motor to have to race ur engine builder...

I may be wrong but has ANY Proline powered 10.5 car (Except G-Mac lately) ran faster or for that matter BEAT the Lynch Mob at a 10.5 race?

Does anyone every worry bout getting 2nd tear stuff (2nd tear Proline maybe better than the BEST of other builders)

I mean that is ALOT of jack to spend to run at best 2nd....But maybe people fill W/O Proline power that they wouldnt even finish 2nd...Just some food for thought...

I know people will compare this to P/S but if that was the case 90% of the cars would run KB Motors...

Flame away JG...
Did you ever think that when petty is out tuning on everyones cars its only increasing his knowledge that he then applies to Lynch's car?

You know why GMAC is running as good and now quicker than lynch? Hes out there testing more than everyone else. He has his shit together, and he has the help of proline.

If you think having proline build your engine means you cannot go quicker than tim you shouldnt even be racing. If you apply the same effort there is no reason you cannot go as quick or quicker if the rest of your program is figured out. Then again, not many guys are equal to steve when it comes to getting the car down the track.

Here is the bottom line. Proline customers are VERY SUCCESSFUL.

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
You can not argue with the success of the program, I think that gmac has proven that if you test enough and figure out your own program, and not be held prisoner to the outside tuner, then you are likely to be as good as, if not better than the engine builder/tuner. BG

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
I thought that years ago when I didnt take my stuff to Tony Bischoff.
I thought he had "to many irons in the fire"
But have now realized BES gives everyone everything he has or you are willing to pay for.

I'm not saying this because I'm not happy with URE, but just comes to mind.
Like BG says theres more to e.t. than dyno #'s

·
Registered
13,889 Posts
I agree with bill . work hard and you will overcome your own set up to compete with the best . just look at bill! :cool:

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did you ever think that when petty is out tuning on everyones cars its only increasing his knowledge that he then applies to Lynch's car?

You know why GMAC is running as good and now quicker than lynch? Hes out there testing more than everyone else. He has his shit together, and he has the help of proline.

If you think having proline build your engine means you cannot go quicker than tim you shouldnt even be racing. If you apply the same effort there is no reason you cannot go as quick or quicker if the rest of your program is figured out. Then again, not many guys are equal to steve when it comes to getting the car down the track.

Here is the bottom line. Proline customers are VERY SUCCESSFUL.
Ease up there slim...I agree at this point ProLine probably is the best....

But like you even said...you pay 50K for a motor from them...Lets say YOU figure something out testing...You go to a race and Steve gets to either tune/look closely/or you just flat out tell him...He then applys that to ALL PROLINE customers or just Tim?

BES is a little different...HE races in P/S...How many of his CUSTOMERS run in P/S?

Answer me this who was the Proline powered car to beat Tim at a race....

Another thing about Steve..I can remember when most everyone was running Bennett shit and Tim had the spray...Them STAYED TOGETHER and I think that also has alot to do with their success...Tim and Steve have been working together for what 15 years?

·
The Enemy
22,068 Posts
Ease up there slim...I agree at this point ProLine probably is the best....

But like you even said...you pay 50K for a motor from them...Lets say YOU figure something out testing...You go to a race and Steve gets to either tune/look closely/or you just flat out tell him...He then applys that to ALL PROLINE customers or just Tim?

BES is a little different...HE races in P/S...How many of his CUSTOMERS run in P/S?

Answer me this who was the Proline powered car to beat Tim at a race....

Another thing about Steve..I can remember when most everyone was running Bennett shit and Tim had the spray...Them STAYED TOGETHER and I think that also has alot to do with their success...Tim and Steve have been working together for what 15 years?
If you figure something out that may be an advantage and you want to tell it to steve that is your own fault.

Its pretty simple. Petty gets paid to tune. If the cars hes tuning are not successful hes not gonna get paid by anyone. Why would he do that to himself?

If hes good enough for you to pay him to tune your car, well, imagine how nice it would be to have him at every race like Tim does. That is something that is hard to make up for.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok maybe I said it wrong as you are correct Steve is mainly a tuner (I think anyway)...This post was directed not as much as to have Steve tune your motor as it was about buying motors from Proline....Sorry to steer this in the wrong direction....

Here is an anology....Haac CNC racing leases motors from Hendrick...It is VERY well documented that the motors they lease do not make as much power as the motor that Johnson/Gordon/JR. get....AS they are going to keep a advantage on the HP side as bottom line is they are all racing in the same race and Hendrick wants to win...

·
Registered
9,523 Posts
Shane,

It has been going on forever. In the 90's it was Fast Times in Super Street. It was hard to keep up with Chuck, so in an effort to save the business he moved on to Pro Street.

The reality of it is they are just the engines. GMAC has proved it takes more than just an engine to make a successful race program. If it was all about the engine, they wouldnt need to be in cars. You could just race dyno's.

·
The Bullet Killer
36,720 Posts
Joe Newsham who powers, himself, some guy named alex vrettos beat tim last orsca event and tim beat him this event.

You have to remeber, theres 3 different events at the same time so how could tim be there
pro line power had 2 in the finals at orsca and 1 in the final at Outlaws at atco.

Larry wood/Kermit Lost to Sexton

·
The Bullet Killer
36,720 Posts
id have no problem beating up on all the local competitions, nmra and nmca where tim cant race, and then only see him once, maybe twice a year

·
The Enemy
22,068 Posts
Ok maybe I said it wrong as you are correct Steve is mainly a tuner (I think anyway)...This post was directed not as much as to have Steve tune your motor as it was about buying motors from Proline....Sorry to steer this in the wrong direction....

Here is an anology....Haac CNC racing leases motors from Hendrick...It is VERY well documented that the motors they lease do not make as much power as the motor that Johnson/Gordon/JR. get....AS they are going to keep a advantage on the HP side as bottom line is they are all racing in the same race and Hendrick wants to win...
Bad analogy. You are leasing engines from that program.

With Proline, their success is based on selling the best possible engines they can assemble. Tims success, and the success of other customers is what makes people go to proline.

·
The Bullet Killer
36,720 Posts
Id be more worried about getting Jimmy blackmon on my team from Str8Line Chassis on my team then petty.
It dont make sence that a 6??ci Twin turbo car (like times) makes that much horsepower then a 6??ci twin turbo car like Ron schalasnager

·
The Enemy
22,068 Posts
Id be more worried about getting Jimmy blackmon on my team from Str8Line Chassis on my team then petty.
It dont make sence that a 6??ci Twin turbo car (like times) makes that much horsepower then a 6??ci twin turbo car like Ron schalasnager
Is Ron's car not well built?

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That is not a bad analogy...They lease because they get multiple motors at a time and then after they race them they send them in and get new ones...You purchase from Proline because your buying one motor and you maintain it not Proline....

Bottom line they pay MONEY for motors from Hendrick because they win...You bought Proline because they win...And the common denominator with both is that they all race each other..

Yea Joe your right there was Fast Times...Also Pat Musi and a few others...like I said this thread was not directed at Proline it is the principle of paying ALOT of money to your competition for stuff...

Maybe I am pernoid...I would have someone build my motor that wasnt kicking my ass every weekend..

·
Registered
9,523 Posts
That is not a bad analogy...They lease because they get multiple motors at a time and then after they race them they send them in and get new ones...You purchase from Proline because your buying one motor and you maintain it not Proline....

Bottom line they pay MONEY for motors from Hendrick because they win...You bought Proline because they win...And the common denominator with both is that they all race each other..

Yea Joe your right there was Fast Times...Also Pat Musi and a few others...like I said this thread was not directed at Proline it is the principle of paying ALOT of money to your competition for stuff...

Maybe I am pernoid...I would have someone build my motor that wasnt kicking my ass every weekend..
Funny thing is, back when we started doing the SBF stuff one of our competitors refused to allow Chuck to touch his engines because that is how he felt. We continued to refine that deal while he had to search out different builders to try and fix the problems we already found the fixes for. He thought he wouldnt get "the good stuff".

Engine builders are in business to provide a product that works. If it doesnt, they dont continue to sell more. That being said, that probably isnt why they are losing. They are losing because they spend too much of their time worrying about whether they got the good engine, rather than getting the entire car to work together.

·
The Enemy
22,068 Posts

And there is a good chance that person doesnt have a clue. Having someone like proline who is out there racing all the time reduces the learning curve. They already have the bugs worked out. They know what works. Tuning it and getting it down the track is up to you.

·
ls1 s/s notch on 28s
25,928 Posts
engine builders like tim,musi and tony all learn new things and shit every day and then apply it to there programs to see if it works or dont..if it works then they apply it to the engines they sell..maybe not right away but that tech they learnd ends up in customers engines no matter what.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts