Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
25,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm rereading David Vizards's newest big bock Chevy book and I noticed that he recommends this.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
25,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's excellent!
I have a set of that should work perfectly on a smaller roller.
Saves me some money...

Thanks for the replies!

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Any spring that has enough rate to control the valve train will work, beehives been used on solids for many years

·
Registered
6,089 Posts
Would be nice to hear specific examples... Which springs, and what sort of cam they are capable of controlling. Low lift, low intensity, purely street roller... sure. How about something a little faster, and with more lift? 0.700" lift with decent ramps? Which of these springs will handle that? How about a cam that is a little hotter than that?

·
Registered
161 Posts
just remember all beehive (or any spring for that matter) are not created equally, PSI/PAC or bust IMO

·
Registered
25,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Comp has some really good conicals. they also have a dual conical (7245) that really is a good spring
I really like the looks of those.
Have they been around long enough to have a good reliability record?

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I have the dual conical on my Whipple blown LS deal im doing. I know Ben from EFI really well, and i know he has spun the shit out of them with a similar lobe to what im using. I could probably get away with their 7230 conical, i run that on a FS/D hemi we do. But i realy wanted to try the 7245. Billy talked me into it...lol

·
Registered
6,089 Posts
Those 7245 springs worked great on this Drag Week 427 cube Ford. Made 765 RWHP on 93 octane pump gas!

I'm assuming that is a hydraulic roller???
150lbs @ 2.00" 630lbs @ 1.20" 1.115" 600lb/in 1.442" .646"

Are there similar springs that will work well with a decently fast 0.700" solid roller?

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
call comp and ask about their 7230 single conical. i run that on a dragpak FS/D deal at over 8000 rpm and it works great. this is a pretty fast opening .660 lift deal. The 7245 would work well, esp with a steel valve. But the 7230 might work as well.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts