Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Aviation Section
24,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Beautiful airplane, beautiful flight. Really well made clip! Note the runway on Catalina Island was recently rebuilt by the Army Corps of Engineers as a practice construction project and it looks great. Note the password for the video is: catalina.

DC-3 restored in Oregon and it was flown down the coast to Catalina last year. The video was taken by ParkAir Vision and is simply stunning The password for the video is catalina
There’s another video of the plane over Oregon before the restoration was completed, on the ParkAir website.

DON'T FORGET THE PASSWORD: catalina

·
Registered
19,657 Posts
One of the best planes ever built. There is a vid. of what it takes to fire the engines and get it ready for takeoff, pretty cool. I have a book on the DC3, it went thru a bunch of transformations, esp for military use. I think John Travolta had a restored one at one time.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Back in the 70s flew on a DC3 from Tegucigalpa, Honduras out to the Bay Islands. A little slow and loud but all in all a safe experience. When I left Honduras after 18 months, I flew on a Constellation back to New Orleans, another great experience.

·
Registered
9,847 Posts
My Dad worked for American back in the day, we had an inner tube from the front wheel we would get inside and he would push us around the yard.
Nice video thanks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts