Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The lovely shit hole of East Cleveland Ohio has issued me a citation for speeding (36 in a 25 zone) via the use of a remote photo/radar set-up. I know for a fact I wasn't speeding due to how shitty the roads are and I know they always are set-up there.

Has anyone ever successfully fought one of these tickets?

They say they caught me doing this in June but I did not get the ticket until September which I though is BS.

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
make them show you the picture of your car and speed. 3 months is retarded too. should be pretty easy to go on your court date and talk to the prosecuting atty beforehand and atleast get it reduced down to non-moving.

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Yes all you have to say is that you were avoiding an Emergency vehicle...i.e. cop car, fire truck, ambulance etc. This also works for the camera's that take pics of you running red lights. At least it worked in VA a few years back for me. Good luck.

·
On the roller...
15,880 Posts
Is there a photo clearly showing you driving the vehicle to prove it was you and not someone who potentially borrowed your vehicle?

If not...

·
Premium Member
102,308 Posts
3 months? good grief, they could save a bunch of time and money by placing a flat-foot out there and have him write the friggin citation, and give you two weeks to pay it.

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
I don't know how it is in Ohio these days, but in Texas if you just go to court, at least 3/4 of the time the citing officer doesn't show up and you walk. The last ticket I had I went to court (with all the documentation I needed to beat it) and out of seven of us there that evening, nobody paid a fine because none of the officers showed up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts