Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem I ordered some brand new custom BME rods for my motor getting ready to put it together I realize the crank has small block journals. If there are any how do I get bearings for this. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
578 Posts
I also have a crank with sbc rod journals and I have not been able to find any bearings. If you do please post up.

·
Registered
522 Posts
first you order a set of rods big block with sbc 2.100 crank pin and order matching SBC 2.100 ND brgs there is no adapter if i understood you!! N is for narrow D is dowl hole alum rods have these for the BME's did i miss something?

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Check this out. I was putting together a 454 with a std crank. I have a set of Engine Works bearings ( relabeled from my parts supplier, were actually ACL) part number CB743P. I notice the bearing looks different. My dial bore gauge wont go in it! Its beeen a while, but as I remember the inside diameter was 2.100, as I labeled the box as BBC- SBC size. The only problem is they are not a race bearing, and they were packaged wrong so no part number to go by. The only thing on the bearings is 15JL03 , 7100 , ACL 100 . I went to ACL's website and found nothing listed like I have. So i guess what I'm saying is they have made a least 1 set of BBC rod bearings with a SBC journal.

·
Registered
576 Posts
i have a crower crank with oliver rods in my bbc with sbc rod journals.....just used sbc coated bearings.....whats the issue??

·
Registered
576 Posts
sorry did'nt realize your rods werent sbc sized.................

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What would be a good company to get some BBC steel rods ordered 6.700 with 2.100 rod size. Putting these in a backup motor the aluminum ones I ordered will go in the good motor ( I had already recieve them)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Changed combination going with tall deck for more cubic inches what length Rod would I need a 10.2 deck 4.625 stoke crank 1.270 compression height on pistons.

·
Registered
69,300 Posts
Based on the supplied numbers ..... 6.6175"

deck height - 1/2 stroke - CH = rod length

1 - 11 of 11 Posts