1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Weld Magnums, double 15x15 920.00 each from Summit pro shop

·
Phuckstick
1,108 Posts
omf, and champion are here in riverside, CA area. a lot of people use both, and seem to be happy with them. i was told its not a good idea to inside beadlock a rim with a BS bigger then i think 3" because its a fuckin bitch to get the tire on. he said the single works fine unless your top fuel. im going to send mine in soon thats the research i have done on them. hope this helps.

·
Registered
334 Posts
reds beadlocks . scottsville N.Y. CHECK OUT HIS WEB SITE.

·
Registered
7,854 Posts

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Champion Beadlocks here, great service

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Can someone please explain why the backspacing on the rim would have anything to do with mounting difficulties?

I used to set up beadlocked rims all the time. Set the tire on the ground flat, then shove the backside of the rim down into the tire. Use a wood handled hammer to work the bead up around the outside of the rim, and you're done.

Maybe I'm missing something, where in that equation does backspacing affect anything? Thanks...

·
Registered
107 Posts
It has more to do with the shape of the inner than the backspace. Long inners with a relatively flat side shape do not allow some of the stiff side wall (street radials in particular) tires to go over them. This can be overcome in most cases by just mounting them backwards.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.