Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to run a dual 15" Bead Lock wheel but am having trouble coming up with a rear brake set-up that will clear. Bogart racing wheels said I needed under 6-5/8" from the outside of the caliper to the centerline of the axle.

Can anyone suggest a Caliper / Rotor combination that will work on a 9 Inch? I'm looking at a 15 X 13 inch wheel with a 4-1/2" B.S.

I have A Wilwood disk Brake set up now with their Billet Dyna Lite calipers that measure 6-7/8. I've heard everything from Grinding on the Caliper to Grinding on the Inner Beadlock, don't really want to either of those. When I called Wilwood, they couldn't help.

Thanks,

Tim Roberts

·
Registered
692 Posts
I want to run a dual 15" Bead Lock wheel but am having trouble coming up with a rear brake set-up that will clear. Bogart racing wheels said I needed under 6-5/8" from the outside of the caliper to the centerline of the axle.

Can anyone suggest a Caliper / Rotor combination that will work on a 9 Inch? I'm looking at a 15 X 13 inch wheel with a 4-1/2" B.S.

I have A Wilwood disk Brake set up now with their Billet Dyna Lite calipers that measure 6-7/8. I've heard everything from Grinding on the Caliper to Grinding on the Inner Beadlock, don't really want to either of those. When I called Wilwood, they couldn't help.

Thanks,

Tim Roberts
Tim,
I don't think the brake mfgs. are going to help you. I don't think they are going to modify their product so that the bead locks will work. There has been lots of discussion on this site about bead locks, what they will and won't work on as well as brake caliper clearance. In this thread below you'll see where Jim Monson had his wheels done by sheppard and they clearanced them for his calipers. I think there has also been some discussion about the thickness of the bead area on different tires so you might want to ask about that issue when you inquire about the beadlocks. It seems some tires have a thinner bead area than others causing some problems with the ring locking down the tire properly.

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44337&highlight=caliper

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response Karl. I called Strange and they told me that the Lamb calipers are the worst for clearance and the wilwoods are better. Of course he said the Strange Pro Series Calipers have the best clearance. Thanks for the link to that other thread as well. That's exactly the info I was looking for. Tim

1 - 3 of 3 Posts