Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
**BOOSTED SBF***
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the part number for the MSD Billet Crank Trigger style Distributor? The one I was using is the low profile model and it doesn't clear the new cast manifold that we converted to EFI. It worked fine with the Hogan manifold but it's way to short for the new manifold. I don't see a listing for one that is not low profile and still designed to work with a crank trigger. I'm sure this is a stupid question but will the standard billet model work in this application?

·
The Enemy
22,068 Posts
Does anyone know the part number for the MSD Billet Crank Trigger style Distributor? The one I was using is the low profile model and it doesn't clear the new cast manifold that we converted to EFI. It worked fine with the Hogan manifold but it's way to short for the new manifold. I don't see a listing for one that is not low profile and still designed to work with a crank trigger. I'm sure this is a stupid question but will the standard billet model work in this application?
Yes, it just needs to be modified.

I went from this distrib to the low profile like you have. Had to machine my intake down for it to fit though. Also had to run the cam sync off the belt drive.

·
**BOOSTED SBF***
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you have a picture of the mods you made on the manifold or of it installed on the motor? That may be a better solution for me too. Thanks

·
The Enemy
22,068 Posts
Do you have a picture of the mods you made on the manifold or of it installed on the motor? That may be a better solution for me too. Thanks
I dont have pics, but the intake had to be machined down where the thermostat would go. If you are running gas, this may be an issue, unless you are running the water directly to your heads.

·
**BOOSTED SBF***
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We are running gas and have been talking about different ways to cool the motor but havent decided for sure yet. What mods did you do on the other distributor?

·
**BOOSTED SBF***
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
8377 is the part number for the long one.
Thanks man. Is that the crank trigger specific model and will it require any mods to work with EFI or do you know? Thanks again for the help too BTW.

·
**BOOSTED SBF***
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks that one looks like it will work for me. Who makes that belt drive?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Danny Bee makes that one. Lem Evans at BF Evans Race Parts has the best deal on them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts