Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
**BOOSTED SBF***
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to find something that will allow me to run 2 belts on one mandrel for my BBF. The mandrel that came with the Aerospace vacuum pump setup is a nice looking piece and actually has provisions for two belts but they are both the V belt style setup. I'm going to still run the Aerospace vacuum pump with the new setup but my new belt driven Aeromotive fuel pump uses a cog style belt and pulley setup. I really need to get something pretty soon because the motor is being all mocked up in the new chassis this coming week and I would like to have this piece or at least know I have one on the way.

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
17,959 Posts
Check out Star Machine. Don't know if he offers something for Fords, but the piece for the Chevy's are exactly what you are looking for.

·
**BOOSTED SBF***
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. I need to go back over to the chassis shop and look at what I have now. I know a few of the different BBF harmonic balancers actually use Chevy patterns and/or Chevy crank snouts where some just have the standard Ford so I need to make sure I order the right one this time. I hadn't even though about that until I talked to Dan a little while ago and he reminded me that we did have to modify the Aerospace mandrel that I have on it now. I'm almost certain it was originally ordered for a BBF so mine must be one of the oddball deals. Imagine that.....:smt082 It seems like I always have this crazy one off crap on everything I own or build.:confused: I will check with the places you guys mentioned but Kevin, do you have a link or contact info for Jones? I don't think I have ever dealt with them before. I know Skinny Kid, Star, and Peterson all make some really nice stuff. I guess the best thing to do is make sure I get all the spacing right and figure out exactly what I need before placing an order with any of them but I do want all this out of the way while its still at the chassis shop. Thanks again to everyone for the advice. I really appreciate it.

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
17,959 Posts
I recently bought the mandrel from Star and I love their design. You can easily make it any length you want with a hacksaw! Once you have the length you need, put the nut on the end and now you have a very easy way to turn the motor over if you need to without using the starter. It puts NO torque onto the crank bolt either! The crank bolt sits beneath the mandrel and all it does if bolt the balancer onto the crankshaft. The mandrel is held on by the three pulley bolts.

Like I said, it was designed for chevys. Either a BBC balancer or a SBC with a crank trigger.

·
**BOOSTED SBF***
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yvette at Weaver Brother is also very helpful. They have a great selection of pulleys.

Can you remove the pulleys on your current mandrel? If it is a standard 1" mandrel with a key you will have no problem finding what you need.

http://www.weaverbrothers.com/
This is very similar to the mandrel that I have.

I was looking through the jegs website and came across this pulley that was also listed under Aerospace components. I wonder if something like this could be used with what I have now?

This is the same fuel pump and also the pulley that I need something to run off of the crank. The only thing I don't really like about the Aerospace mandrel is not being able to easily turn the crank with everything assembled.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Here is a pic of my CV Products dual pin madrel w/gilmer pulleys on my 557 CJ. I need to get the end cap with the hex so I can turn the engine over by hand. I am planning to run a Peterson spline drive on my hemi.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Here is a pic of my CV Products dual pin madrel w/gilmer pulleys on my 557 CJ. I need to get the end cap with the hex so I can turn the engine over by hand. I am planning to run a Peterson spline drive on my hemi.
Who's timing pointer is that?

·
Registered
131 Posts
TwinBBF, the timing pointer is something we made up.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Nice work, I made three before I was satisfied with one, I Like yours better! I did put my Crank trigger on the pass. side

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Defenitely look into the Star Machine piece. Its GORGEOUS! We mailed them our crank trigger wheel, and they milled .100" lip in the center, to center the mandrel setup. Its fairly cheap too for how much machining is involed.
Is there a need for timing pointers for people running Danny Bee's? We too made our own that came out pretty trick. I just was thinking maybe I should have 20 or so lasered out for people...??

Kyle

1 - 18 of 18 Posts